Applied Ballistics Pro Support Thread

Discussion in 'Practical Precision--PRS, NRL, ELR' started by DocUSMCRetired, Jan 2, 2015.

1. lloydx2

lloydx2

why didn't you back it up

2. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full. Gold $$ Contributor

I checked with them about this in May and got this response. Websync has been disabled, therefore no way to reload profiles on a new phone. Communicated again in early August, same reply.

3. DocUSMCRetired

DocUSMCRetired

Here is what is going on. When we implemented the new AB Connectâ„¢ system the profiles were no longer compatible with the new engine. This is why you couldn't edit old profiles, and why WebSync was disabled. At the same time, we were already engaged in building a new cross platform system. One that would allow a user to backup their data to the cloud on say AB Mobile iOS and pull that same data down on say Kestrel LiNK Ballistics for Android.

We understand it is not ideal, and that it is frustrating to lose the data. We have to rebuild the app multiple times a month for testing purposes. I want it to be up and running as much as you guys do. The new system is cross platform, and cross app. Meaning a profile generated in say the Sig Kilo 2400 App should be usable on the AB Mobile app on iPad. We are at about 75% completion with the new system. It is being used in the field by those who we will leave unnamed for now.

We are working hard to get a system in place, that is far beyond what was in place and what is currently available on the market. The new system will be far more user friendly, and offer more features which we will announce at a later date.

4. Ilya S.

Ilya S.

Doc, here is couple bugs on IOS 12 :
    1. Deleted all my guns and ammo.
    2. Cant use a program, couse when I try to type " . "(dot) in scope height or other boxes like mv per cel - it will become empty, like zero value
    (it have no any symbols than than than "."(dot) and "-" (minus) on keyboard menu)

DDRH65PRC likes this.
  5. EtronX

EtronX

I had the same problem. I use Norwegian as language on my iPhone. When I changed the Region to US (still kept the language Norwegian) it worked again.

6. alintx

alintx

Had the app on my phone , absolutely loved it. Dead on out 1540 which was the furthest I shot it. Phone crashed and lost everything. Do I have to repurchase the app or can it be restored to my new phone?

7. DocUSMCRetired

DocUSMCRetired

As long as you use the same iTunes account you do not need to re-purchase it.

8. JonE

JonE

Hi guys,
    Just a question really as I progress in my long range shooting.
    There are, as you know, a gazillion opinions on everything regarding shooting out there, so fairly early on I adopted Applied Ballistics as my go to place
    I have pretty much every product you sell, and all the literature.
    On your release of the video on the Lab Radar, I went and got one. Sorry if this seems a bit like stalking, but I'm very scientific in my approach and this seemed the way to go.
    I'm at the point of calibrating my developed load on my Kestrel AB 5700 Elite, with my Lab Radar, and at 900 yards, the velocity cal is over 40 FPS difference!
    Now, if your custom drag curves are good (Lapua 155gr Scenar), and the Lab Radar is +/- 1fps, then how can that be?
    Any information on acceptable, or expected variations at 900yds when calibrating would be very useful.
    Is my experience within tolerance, or do I have a duff Kestrel or Lab Radar? How do I tell?
    Regards
    Jon Ellis

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android