Applied Ballistics Pro Support Thread

Discussion in 'ELR, Ballistics & Bullets Board' started by DocUSMCRetired, Jan 2, 2015.

1. AjSteffen

AjSteffen

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the drop call-out on my AB app. I purchased a new phone, and when I downloaded the app to said phone (matching all inputs), the new call-out was ~2 mil different at 1000m, when compared to my old phone. As best as I can tell, all inputs are identical. One interesting note: it seems there was an update to the app, which is likely the sources of error, as I can no longer edit the load on my old phone. The call-out on my old phone has been validated numerous times in the field, also other ballistic calculators generally agree with my old phone.

One main difference between inputs on my current phone vs my old, I tried the custom drag model available for the bullet, but I have also tried using the standard G7 and G1 BC's essentially the same results.

For reference, I'm shooting a 6.5CM, using Hornady 143 eld-x's.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks,
    Austin

2. DocUSMCRetired

DocUSMCRetired

What happens if you start with clean profiles from scratch? That would be my suggestion.

3. AjSteffen

AjSteffen

As in rebuild the load profiles? Well if I build a new load on my old phone (with matching inputs, but manually entering the data), I get the same results as on my new phone (~8.5mil @1000m, actual data tells me it should be closer to 10.5mil @ 1000m).

The issue seems to be with the updated app itself. Like i said, I am unable to edit the old load, which I believe to be due to the app being updated.

4. DocUSMCRetired

DocUSMCRetired

Yes, you will not be able to edit the old data. However with the profiles being off the same amount on old and new versions something else is going on. Have you ever used our firing solution checklist?

5. SurgeonCO

SurgeonCO Silver $$ Contributor

A couple of issues on iOS.

On my iPhone I have to offset my zero -.36” to have the chart show zero @100yds. All profiles are new. 3 different rifles and bullets

On my iPad the ballistics chart doesn’t populate the distance units and the tof is all garbled up.

ballisticdaddy likes this.
  6. DocUSMCRetired

DocUSMCRetired

We are aware of the issue with the iPads and it is on the list to get fixed.

What you are seeing with your zero is Aerodynamic Jump.

7. dannyg

dannyg

I am new to the AB app and was wondering if anyone could tell me if I can use an available reticle in place of the Sightron LRMD reticle ? Thank you for any help.

8. SurgeonCO

SurgeonCO Silver $$ Contributor

Is there any way to disable the aerodynamic jump? I use the program to create dope cards. Thanks for the previous reply

9. DocUSMCRetired

DocUSMCRetired

Put in a wind of 0 MPH

10. Ilya S.

Ilya S.

Hi Doc !

I have some issue with my Kestrel 5700 Elite(Model 5700A, FW 1.17, Boot 1.0, Bal 44, HW rev 11A), after update to 1.17 firmware with usb cable. (my Kestrel without “Link”).
    On v 1.17, device cant save and skips gun profile names and settings. When I start to scroll “GUN...” left-right to switch for another rifle, my profiles automatically renames to “USERGUN1”, “USERGUN2” and so on with same default settings(2650fps, 175bullet with 0.475 G1 etc..)

Hope in next FW version it well be fixed.

11. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

Having a problem with AB Toolbox Density Altitude calculator on Android. There is no boxes to enter pressure, altitude or humidity. All other calculators work as designed.

12. ballisticdaddy

ballisticdaddy Silver $$ Contributor

Any idea when the AB app will work again on iPad? It has been almost 6 months since my AB app was rendered useless as the last two columns are overlayed and have become illegible.

13. DocUSMCRetired

DocUSMCRetired

I do not have a time frame for this.

14. uda123cat

uda123cat

Just purchased the mobile app for the iPhone 8 with latest OS and ABmobile app with latest OS. All seems to be working well except the table does not show the designation (colored box) for where the bullet goes trans/sub-sonic. Wondering if this feature is no longer available, a way to turn it on, or is this a bug on the iOS side? Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
    dan

15. uda123cat

uda123cat

Regarding my previous question and the issue of a box color delineating the trans/sub-sonic issue.
    Got the answer from another source and thought I would post it here if anyone else was wondering the same thing: The trans/sub-sonic box coloring designation has not been implemented in the iOS version only the Android version.

thanks
    dan

16. ballisticdaddy

ballisticdaddy Silver $$ Contributor

In previous versions that field was populated but appears as though AB is now focused solely on the Android platform. Last years update for iPad jumbled all the columns, they are in no hurry to resolve it for iOS users and have not been able to use this program for about 6 months even though I paid for it....nice huh?

17. uda123cat

uda123cat

Ahh, OK, didn't know that as I just found the applied ballistics iOS calculator. That would be both a disappointment and big loss for both applied ballistics and customers interested in ELR on the mac/iphone side. Makes me wonder if the current version of the iOS side of the house is as up-to-date or accurate as the non-iOS version. Don't know anyone to compare identical data on both platforms and see if they come up with the same answer. Maybe someone could/should do that anyway as a check and post the results here. I am sure there are more people than me who would like to know the answer to that. Any takers?

dan