Anyone has experience with Lapua Rifle Match .22lr 40gr RN Ammo

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by jlow, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Tim s

Tim s

Orders have nothing to do with it, all Tennex and Match come from a single line then tested in their tunnel. The best grouping goes in red boxes, then black boxes.
    That said, there is plenty of match shooting better in lots of guns.

2. flatlander

flatlander

Have done more shooting with SK LR Match & Lapua Center-X out of both my V-22s - one Bartlein, one Krieger. I'm not getting particularly consistent results - one range session LR Match out-shoots Center-X, next time around, it's the other way 'round. Most often, there's not a lot of difference between them at 200yds, though I've yet to shoot both at 300yds. I believe the difference is within the margin of shooter-induced error - most of the time. However, before the last .22RF precision rifle match we shot with these two rifles, my buddy & I both decided to shoot Center-X, a decision based mostly on that ammo's consistently better 100yd groups. They're close enough in performance that conditions on a given day could favor one over the other - just need to make notes as I get more experience with these two lots. I bought the Center-X after testing at the Lapua test center showed it to be a good choice, but wasn't able to do much shooting with it due to weather until just about the time I bought a case of the SK LR Match. Undoubtedly, there's more to be learned where these two types & lots of ammo are concerned - have yet to shoot any of either in 80*F or warmer conditions.

3. Boyd L.

Boyd L. Witty comment under development

Out of curiosity where did you get this information?

4. perry42

perry42 Gold $$ Contributor

My experience with Lapua only relates to Polar (biathlon) 22 ammo. It has proven to be the most accurate in my BSA International and Anschutz BR rifles at 50 & 100 yds. My testing included Eley, Fiochi, RWS, Wolf, and SK ammo. Good/Accurate ammo is unfortunately expensive. The Lapua Polar is quite a bit cheaper than some other match ammo.

perry42

5. jamesdmock

jamesdmock Gold $$ Contributor

I read it from the box. The rounds are stamped with the Eley "E" and the box states "Made in England". Good shooting...James

Boyd L. likes this.
  6. Boyd L.

Boyd L. Witty comment under development

That’s very interesting.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/sk-standard-plus-22-lr-ammo-40-grain-lrn-p-53529.aspx

This site/ad contains statements that when taken collectively, imply Wolf is (still) an SK/Lapua product. Perhaps they’ve not updated their ad copy.

Thanks for the information.

7. Schutzen2

Schutzen2 Silver $$ Contributor

Anyone know exactly what makes SK long range match "long range" ? I didn't see on their website where it is explained. I ordered a V22 and I'm trying to figure out what to try. I'm not going to compete with this rifle but I can shoot out to 300 yds at the range I go to.

8. jamesdmock

jamesdmock Gold $$ Contributor

I have shot most of the premium ammo in my CZ 453 and have decided that the Wolf Match Extra (made by Eley) is the best that I have tried. It is VERY consistently accurate at 50 yards. It is a little expensive at $75-$80 a brick but it IS a premium round. Good shooting...James