anyone else hear this ???? FLIR Discontinues All Civilian Sales

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by M21, Jan 19, 2020.

1. M21

M21 Gold $$ Contributor

Breaking: FLIR Discontinues All Civilian Sales
    [​IMG]
    According to an anonymous source that spoke to the BurstReview YouTube channel, FLIR will discontinue civilian sales of optics this Monday, January 20th.

According to BurstReview’s sources, FLIR’s board of directors and shareholders are anti-hunting and believe that only military and law enforcement should have access to thermal optics. This source also stated that FLIR allegedly laid off everyone in their civilian and hunting sales departments.

The sources stated this was further supported by recent events surrounding Armasight. Allegedly following FLIR’s acquisition of Armasight, they laid off all hunting prostaff and instructed social media personnel to never show any kill shots going forward.

This is very interesting news, and could turn the market against FLIR. Especially given rising tensions between civilians and militarized police that are seen as overstepping their authority.

But this is all hearsay until the alleged reveal date of Monday the 20th. Be sure to stay tuned for the latest information on this and other stories coming out of SHOT Show 2020.

FLIR was contacted and given 48 hours to respond before the publication of this article. If we receive a response the article will be updated.

2. Oso

Oso

Military contract has bought up all production. Yesterday, I started receiving sales flyers from stores that were had any inventory. Everyone is liquidating whatever they have left.

Also, saw something from Night Tech Thermal on sale, which sure looks to be a FLIR unit sold under different name.

3. markT

markT

I watched this...It's a week old but these boys seem to be in the know..

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  4. Bocephus

Bocephus

Good friend just sent me a text saying the rumor is true.

5. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

Well, well...Wonder what will happen if/when they no longer have a defense contract to butter their bread with.

msinc, Jalen and mikeinct like this.
  6. varmintshooter

varmintshooter

I was looking at a Flir thermal scope, sure glad I didn't buy it.

7. Knotwild

Knotwild

I hope you guys remember this and never buy their stuff again, even if it becomes available. Can't wait for another firm to develop something that competes well.

msinc and Mark W like this.
  8. Capt. Oblivious

Capt. Oblivious

Jip, nice gap in the market now for someone to grab

9. Bamban

Bamban Silver $$ Contributor

That sucks, I just bought a PTS536.
    20191213_141925.jpg

10. Justin B

Justin B Silver $$ Contributor

Don't they make them in Bozeman MT?? If so the comment about they don't like hunting may be true this place is filled with greenies saying military ate up all there product would be a good PR thing to quote "say" is the reason.