Anybody got a Berger manual?

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Jody Simcox, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Jody Simcox

Jody Simcox Silver $$ Contributor

I bought some VLD Match grade hunting bullets 130 gr for my 270 Win and thought I might be able to get min/max loads online, but I'm having trouble finding it for free-- I was planning on loading H4831... also have IMR 4350 and RL 17 on hand-- thanks for any help with charge weights as well as seating depth and OAL--

2. Defty

Defty

Give me a call 661-399-6632 Calif. Talk to the answer phone

370bc likes this.
  3. Milo 2.0

Milo 2.0 Gold $$ Contributor

berger.jpg
    Just save this.

joshb and Jody Simcox like this.
  4. Jody Simcox

Exactly what I needed, Milo 2.0... thank you very much!!

5. barefooter56

barefooter56

Jody,
    Keep in mind that all the loads are based on the COAL listed with the data. Load data is conservative and was generated using Quick Load. You can find BERGER VLD bullet seating depth testing information here:http://www.bergerbullets.com/vld-making-shoot/ . And how bullet seating depth can affect cartridge case powder capacity, pressure, velocity and accuracy here:http://www.bergerbullets.com/effect...coal-and-cartridge-base-to-ogive-cbto-part-1/ and http://www.bergerbullets.com/effect...coal-and-cartridge-base-to-ogive-cbto-part-2/ . Any bullet seating depth testing should be done at the lowest powder charge listed for the bullet/powder/cartridge combination you are testing. Once the bullet seating depth accuracy node is found. Work the load back up slowly checking for pressure signs and accuracy until your highest velocity accuracy node is found. If you have any questions please respond in this string or contact us at 714-441-7202 from 8am to 4:30pm EASTERN MON thru FRI and we will be glad to help.
    Thanks for using our bullets Jody!

Milo 2.0 and Jody Simcox like this.
  6. Jody Simcox

Thanks for the info-- I knew I needed to do more reading before I started loading these bullets based on the broad range of acceptable seating depths! Thanks to you, I'm gonna get started tonight. I've heard some good things about these bullets, so I definitely want to go slowly and do this correctly!

barefooter56 likes this.
  7. barefooter56

barefooter56

No worries. You have a question just ask.
    Take care,

8. wholman

wholman

I would sugest buying the berger book you cant have to many loading books.