Anybody else have an itchy “Buy it Now” finger?

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Lee in Texas, Apr 6, 2020.

1. brokeasajoke

brokeasajoke

I seen two on there. Looks like they are asking $725. I have found a gun shop that claims to have several left at $651. Believe they arw the 5.5" version.

New Gun, Snuggie and USMCDOC like this.
  2. Dub

Dub NRA Life member Gold $$ Contributor

been buying powder, primers and projectiles like crazy the last month or so. Shooting em up pretty fast though

New Gun likes this.
  3. Mark W

Mark W Silver $$ Contributor

I’m trying to be more disciplined and stick to my plans rather than jumping on random good deals in the classifieds.

SEM, mikeinct, TC260 and 2 others like this.
  4. INTJ

INTJ Gold $$ Contributor

I am not doing too badly with buy it now finger. In the last two months I came across deals on a SS M-70 Classic and a Browning 71 I couldn't pass up. I did buy a little ahead on components I need for competition. I also ordered a Prazipress.

joshb and New Gun like this.
  5. Medic505

Medic505 Gold $$ Contributor

I've had the itch for a lever action rifle for a long time. A month or so ago I picked up a 1873 Uberti in .357. I really wanted a 45 colt but I found a .357 at Long Hunters in Amarillo and thought what the heck... already set up to load .357 so it was a no-brainer. Fun and very accurate little rifle to shoot but something about it just didn't scratch the itch. Brought it home a buddy today, 1866 sporting rifle in 45 colt. Can't wait to go shoot it tomorrow. 20200406_180613.jpg

geraldgee, Trevor60, mikeinct and 8 others like this.
  6. Twicepop

Twicepop Silver $$ Contributor

I've scratched that itch too many times, I've got more stuff than I have places to keep it.

ckaberna, Mark W, joshb and 2 others like this.
  7. chop house

chop house Silver $$ Contributor

funny! i started practicing this tactic when i was about 10. i have failed several times. once i had some throwing knives i ordered from the back of boys life sent to the neighbors r.f.d. box. i got busted, got no knives, and suffered mightily the next christmas..... :(

Bc'z and New Gun like this.
  8. Uncle Mike

Uncle Mike Silver $$ Contributor

The last time our rural carrier brought a package up the driveway addressed to me he told the wife to take away my credit card. I think he was joking but she's not laughing.

Dave Way, mikeinct, JLT and 5 others like this.
  9. DirtySteve

DirtySteve Gold $$ Contributor

Went for a doctors appointment today. So I pulled in to KFC drive thru with the wife. She was hungry. We pulled next door to the local gun shop parking lot to eat. After I finished I told her it is kind of rude not to go inside since we were sitting in their parking lot. "Whatever go inside, I'll wait here" was the reply. I wanted some Lil gun but lo and behold they had two 8 pounders of H4350. I bought one and thanked them. Last week I scored Varget there. Life is good.

Snuggie, Scalloper, mikeinct and 8 others like this.
  10. New Gun

New Gun Gold $$ Contributor

SCORE!

mikeinct, joshb and DirtySteve like this.
  11. JLT

JLT Gold $$ Contributor

Let's see . . . Some RL-23, Some RL-16, a bunch of 6mm Bergers, a similar amount of 6.5 Bergers, some Peterson brass, a trigger and a Defiance action. No matches being shot but I have been getting more-than-usual range time. The powder and bullets, therefore, are almost defensible. The Defiance was purely a moment of weakness and I cursed myself for being so spineless and impulsive. I quickly recovered and forgave myself, however.

12. chop house

chop house Silver $$ Contributor

so josh, the 'b' is for bundy?

New Gun and joshb like this.
  13. joshb

joshb Gold $$ Contributor

Nice quilt!......and nice guns!

Medic505, mikeinct and New Gun like this.
  14. joshb

More and more...it feels like it.....either one, really.....the shoe salesman or the serial killer.
    Somedays I think I,'m completely beaten down. Somedays I think I could snap!
    This confinement has probably got everybody on edge. I took my frustration to the shop and opened up a barrel channel on a 40x stock...by hand! Sand paper on a dowel for two hours. That did it!;) I'm good for another day!

Snuggie, New Gun, Bc'z and 3 others like this.
  15. Monte F

Monte F Silver $$ Contributor

Been looking at a progressive press, loading for the pistols on the single stage is getting old. Need to keep the economy going you know.

16. Drop Port

Drop Port Silver $$ Contributor

Now I don't feel as bad, might even list the stuff that came before the NF arrived:(

New Gun and JLT like this.
  17. joshb

I have room! I'll break in your barrel, too, if you want!;)

18. Downhill

Downhill Gold $$ Contributor

Have ya'll looked at the Smith & Wesson 41 in the classifieds here? I going to have to turn this damn laptop off. Very very itchy.

joshb and Bc'z like this.
  19. Medic505

Medic505 Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks!

joshb likes this.
  20. 6ShotsOr5?

6ShotsOr5? Gold $$ Contributor

I too have been spending a lot of time gazing at Ruger revolvers during the last week or so. I’ve got it narrowed down to 3 calibers and eight or ten different models. :confused:

SEM, brokeasajoke and Bc'z like this.