Anybody else have an itchy “Buy it Now” finger?

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Lee in Texas, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Lee in Texas

Lee in Texas Gold $$ Contributor

I’m having withdrawals from my online habit of buying guns/brass/barrels/you name it. My job has been deemed essential (plumber), but if things don’t get better soon, I can imagine people deciding that some minor issue can wait, rather than having someone go into their house. People are already asking if I’m sick or have symptoms. I wear shoe covers, gloves, and a face mask. I haven’t bought anything in a a couple of weeks or more. But still, browsing the classified section is a hard habit to break. Full disclosure: I did bump my Wanted ad for plastic ammo boxes...but those are cheap.

Wondering if it’s just me.

300_whisper and VaniB like this.
  2. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

I have an itchy "Buy It Now" finger -- but for a good restaurant meal, not gun stuff. I am discovering just how bad a cook a 64-year-old dude can be. Going into 3 weeks now cooking all meals at home (I did relent for one Fast Food take-out).

MikeT49, Bojo, Shooter13 and 17 others like this.
  3. Lee in Texas

Lee in Texas Gold $$ Contributor

I’m learning to cook because I get tired of mediocre food and service at fast food and casual dining places. There are some really good cooking shows on TV now. Not those dumb contest shows, but things like America’s Test Kitchen, Cook’s Country, and Good Eats. I have made lots of good meals from those shows and their cookbooks and magazines.

MikeT49, mikeinct, DirtySteve and 2 others like this.
  4. Puzzaz01

Puzzaz01 Gold $$ Contributor

I'm so glad I'm not the only one out there with an itchy buy it now trigger finger. If things don't go back to normal soon, I'm gona need a bigger shop. I'm just happy the wife hasn't shut me down. Lol....

Darrin

5. Idaho-Lefty

Idaho-Lefty

NOPE, not me ! Yes, it's a hard "Habit" to break, for sure ! But how much STUFF, do we, "need" ?? ( careful on, the "wants" ! )
    I'm waiting patiently to, buy some, CEF's and ETF's and start collecting,.. Dividends, again ! ( been OUT of, the Stk Mkt for, Months, now ! )
    Way better, Prices to, come for "everything" as, this "crap" ( C-Virus ) and, a POOR Economy, is just getting started, unfortunately !
    As far a Guns go, I'll start rotating back to, what I thought was FUN to shoot, last year and the year, before !
    Right now, I'm "playing with" my .22 LR then, back to .243 Win and the .22-250 Rem & .223, etc.
    Might do some, long Range Steel "Field" Shooting with, my Big Bore for, some serious,.. Deer / Elk hunting, Practice !
    Already, "stocked up" on "needs" and most wants, so no need to buy, anything,. YET ! Have PATIENCE, Bro !

MikeT49, GotRDid, VaniB and 1 other person like this.
  6. mike a

mike a 6BR Rocks Gold $$ Contributor

I get itchy if I don't have at least one item inbound always. Sometimes ordering something that may take two weeks to get is a good thing. Mike

MikeT49, Dub, GotRDid and 1 other person like this.
  7. TAJ45

TAJ45 Gold $$ Contributor

I scratched that itch till my wallet bled........the MK I AMP. The Aztec upgrade then some pilots, well, it's leaving a mark. C'mon stimulus!!!

MikeT49, DirtySteve, Snuggie and 4 others like this.
  8. sqrlgtr

sqrlgtr Silver $$ Contributor

Aint nothing wrong with keeping the economy going,PULL THAT TRIGGER..:D

MikeT49, mikeinct, JLT and 2 others like this.
  9. New Gun

New Gun Gold $$ Contributor

I scratched the itch with a press over the weekend. I travel for work and my cooking hasnt killed me yet. But yes I would like a good sit down meal and a tall draft.

MikeT49, mikeinct, DirtySteve and 3 others like this.
  10. Idaho-Lefty

Idaho-Lefty

I scratched my "itch", a couple of weeks ago,. by buying mucho Volquartsen chit for, my New Ruger 10/22 "build", then, went to Walmart and stocked up on Ammo for it ! Those "good", CCI Mini Mag HP's were, all gone, a few days later ! My New and "improved", Ruger, 10/22 Plinker, is gonna make some Sage Rats,.. unhappy !
    Stay SAFE, everyone and get outside for, some, Shooting "Therapy" as IT, does Wonders for, you ! PS; WHEN you get "older" you figure out that, you HAVE most everything that, you,.. "need" !

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  11. Bc'z

Bc'z Gold $$ Contributor

Im frantically trying to head off 2 packages from the postman before wife sees them.
    And figure out how I'm going to get to post office to mail money order for a new to me die.
    Thinking I need my classified privileges suspended for a lil while.

MikeT49, Bojo, Ramblerman and 15 others like this.
  12. JJMoody

JJMoody

^^^^this!!! Lol. Im usually doing the same.

13. Alguapo

Alguapo

Lol. Yup. Looking for a deal on a good cheap spotting scope and maybe build a AR 9mm pistol for the apocalypse. Yeah I know whats coming , no such thing as a good cheap spotting scope.

MikeT49, mikeinct, Dub and 3 others like this.
  14. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

An AMP is a GOOD itch to scratch! :D

dogdude and New Gun like this.
  15. Capt. Oblivious

Capt. Oblivious

I would pay some good money for n long ice cold draft rite about now

MikeT49, nmkid, mikeinct and 5 others like this.
  16. New Gun

New Gun Gold $$ Contributor

I try to tell myself not to look in the classifieds. Who am I kidding I dont have that kind of will power.LOL

MikeT49, Snuggie, Bc'z and 2 others like this.
  17. biggun2869

biggun2869 Silver $$ Contributor

Where are you TAG? I'm in a small town called Williams. Biggest thing of note here is a Dam and good fishing although I'm not much of a fisherman-especialy river. Probably that has been beat into me, I grew up on a Dairy farm and was always taught river stuff was bad. Ponds were fine though and I've caught a lot of Bass out of them. I can remember me and my sisters all being in our biggest pond at milking time in the afternoon and the cows pissing and shitting in a massive way right in the pond, but that was all good

18. BoomDeBoom

BoomDeBoom

I am looking to improve my inventory of shooting tools (guns, loading equipment, ammo, etc.). I think gun owners should make sure as many vendors supplying us should survive this enemy.

Save a gun shop. Use corn cobs instead of toilet paper and spend your money on a new gun!

6ShotsOr5? likes this.
  19. Drop Port

Drop Port Silver $$ Contributor

Some back ordered stuff showing up is nice, next should be the reamer.

Attached Files:

mikeinct, JLT, mike a and 1 other person like this.
  20. brokeasajoke

brokeasajoke

Itching for a Ruger blackhawk stainless 357/9mm converson cyl.