any thoughts on the Sightron 6x24

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by chet, Oct 21, 2018.

1. chet

chet

i have a few sightron 8x32x56 scopes on my target guns, just picked up a Savage LRPV in a 223, looking to put something like a 6x24 scope with good turrets for adjusting different distances for varmint hunting out to 700yds, i never looked thru the SIII 6x24 any comments or better suggestions.

Chet

2. coldboreshot

coldboreshot

My experience having both types, the 6-24 tactical on one of my sniper platforms, to my eye, basically the same quality as the 8-32s or 10-50s in the SIII series.

Sniper338 likes this.
  3. CharlieNC

CharlieNC Gold $$ Contributor

You will find it has excellent low light quality when hunting. Good turrets and reticle. A little hokey, the turret is labeled as number of clicks instead of mild but I don't know about the moa version. I count this as my best scope for the money.

4. JLT

JLT Gold $$ Contributor

I'll pile on with another thumbs up for the SIII 6-24. I have one on a .22-.250 AI and it is every bit as good as the 8-32s that I have on my target rifles. It's a bunch of scope for the money, and we're coming up on that time of year . . . I snagged mine between Thanksgiving and Christmas a couple of years ago, on sale for $599 shipped.

If you like the 8-32s, you'll like the 6-24.

5. chet

chet

that was a good deal. maybe i will wait till the black friday deals swing around, best i find so far is $632.00 if i can find a better price i just may go for it. any thoughts on the model 25132 for reticle choices

chet

6. JLT

JLT Gold $$ Contributor

Personal choice, I guess, with regard to the dot reticle. I've been satisfied with the MOA-2 reticle and I like the floating center dot. For target work, though, the target dot has a substantial following - it's simple, straightforward, uncluttered, etc.

Try www.BigSupplyShop.com - their prices on Sightron scopes were really competitive last I looked.

nmkid likes this.
  7. hillbill

hillbill

all the SIII series are very good glass for the money, are there any better out there? for the money I would have to say no. I like the Illuminated MOA2 6x24, its no small lightweight scope but I really like the option of turning on the dot close to dark against a dark back ground. the MOA2 is fine enough to get lost in the dark shadows of last light but fine enough to do some good target work if needed.

8. Sniper338

Sniper338

I got one on a grendel AR. Id like to have a few more.

9. 6MMsteve

6MMsteve Gold $$ Contributor

the 6x24 should be clear as a bell on any power, I like the 8x32 better than the 10x50 easier to focus on max power so the 6x24 would be ideal for varmit hunting. imho

10. nmkid

nmkid Gold $$ Contributor

I have one of the S-111 on a 6-284. I've had it for almost a year and the glass is real good for the money. I bought mine last Black Friday. However, lately it seems to be balking at small adjustments, (one click). The other day I found myself doing the old, "go about ten clicks past and 20 clicks back and then set the adjustment where you want it". If I did a single click adjustment the POI would not change until the 2nd shot. This happened several times. So, I sit here wondering if maybe it was me or the scope needs some help. I hate to send scopes in. Going shooting again tomorrow and hopefully find out one way or the other.

11. CharlieNC

CharlieNC Gold $$ Contributor

Send back to rep in NC and they will repair quickly, great service.

12. Lesloan

Lesloan

Who has it for $632? The best price I've found is $700.

13. Lesloan

Lesloan

What is a "floating center" dot?

14. JLT

JLT Gold $$ Contributor

The aiming point is a dot that is not 'connected' to the cross hairs, therefore floating.

15. Lesloan

Lesloan

Thanks!

16. Jimmy James

Jimmy James Silver $$ Contributor

Relegated my 6x24 Siii's to shooting steel guns. Plenty good enuff for that. 8x32 much better for single hole group work. Great scopes for the money.

17. lancexxx

lancexxx Buchanan Accuracy Gold $$ Contributor

Let me know what model no. and I will get you a price