Any shotgunners here?

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by TrxR, Jul 5, 2018.

1. urbanrifleman

urbanrifleman Gold $$ Contributor

People I shoot with are STUNNED at my CZ. Even more stunned when they found out what I paid for it :)

20180619_182659.jpg 20180619_182654.jpg

Ledd Slinger likes this.
  2. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

I don't have their OU 'yet' but their semi autos shoot like a dream and function flawlessly with anything I run from light skeet to heavy 3" magnum buckshot and BB. I am very impressed with CZ quality.

3. JRS

JRS Gold $$ Contributor

The Turks are producing better shotguns with every passing day.

4. Regnar

Regnar Silver $$ Contributor

Ok, here is the deal on cz. they are a great gun. but for a competion gun you have to consider a few things. reliability and the ability to repair.

I dont know a lot about the shotguns as i know nobody who is competing with them. But until someone at a high level starts shooting 30k plus rounds a year through one for a few years I dont think you will se many competimg at a high level. you dont want to spend a thousand dollars to enter a bug shoot, 300 for ammo, 300 for hotel room, 200 for food plus travel time and time off from work to have it break on your second shot, or have a malfunction on low 6 doubles in the 410 and have to reshoot it, missing the bird for a 399.

If something does break, competive shooters want something they can get fixed quickly. that is why Beretta, kriegoff and kolar rule the competitive skeet guns. if I break a main spring in my 682x at a shoot, if I dont have one someone else will and I can fix it.

Dont tske what I am saying as a nock on the cz cause its not.

5. McGraw

McGraw

Just buy a new Browning 30” Citori CX shot show special. 14 1/4 lop, barrels set at 60/40 impact, under your $2000 budget. Go shoot everything with it, and don’t buy somebody’s used headache.

6. Jdne5b

Jdne5b Gold $$ Contributor

7. HTSmith

HTSmith Silver $$ Contributor

Not so fast. We haven't finished saying all we want to say.;)

McGraw likes this.
  8. urbanrifleman

urbanrifleman Gold $$ Contributor

Shotguns really, really confuse me. I have fondled a few of these $30k shotguns, and I simply don't get it.

I shot over 5000 rounds through my Academy Sports O/U that I bought for $600 my first year and never had a hiccup and it looks like the day I bought it aside from a few stock scratches.

I upgraded to the CZ and I love it. And I have had a few of the shotgun cult at the club fondle it and no one had a foul word to day.

9. Randall Hardy

Randall Hardy

Might also consider an
    SKB or older Weatherby made by skb. Nice working mans shotgun. If your thinking an auto loader then consider beretta a 400 excel. Very gentle shooting and very versatile. Shoot mine in trap and sporting clays. Skeet I use my weatherby 28 ga.
    Enjoy
    Randy

10. Chris Covell

Chris Covell

The Browning Crossover is a fine first gun.