Any reviews on the Athlon Argos BTR?

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by 300_whisper, Feb 24, 2017.

1. 300_whisper

300_whisper Site $$ Contributor

Just bought two Athlon Argos BTRs in 6-24-50mm with 30mm tubes, FFP, Parallax adjustment, in MOA/MOA. I haven't had a chance to test them. Ive watched about 7 or so youtube videos on them that's why I purchased two. Reviews say its on par with the vortex viper HST scopes.

Does anyone have first hand experience testing them, so I know what to expect? Its more for expectation management more than anything considering I already bought them. Thanks for the help!

2. Riesel

Riesel Site $$ Contributor

3. CharlieNC

CharlieNC

Nice features for the cost, and pretty good optical quality. The reticle is really functional. Turret clicks were a bit mushy on mine, required cleaning the o-rings. My only dislike is its a bit heavy.

300_whisper likes this.
  4. 300_whisper

Thanks for the info. Anyone have any info on the tracking and toughness?

5. CharlieNC

CharlieNC

My tall target test showed turret was off only 3%. Too soon to know durability.

300_whisper likes this.
  6. 300_whisper

TTT...anyone else with experience?

7. tbeasley

tbeasley

As a Athlon dealer, the Argos optical clarity is pretty until 20x and higher. The images lose their color and become more white wash. The turrets are little mushy, yet functional. The reticle is well thought out as well.
    What I tell folks, this is the BEST introductory FFP scope out there. It's easy on the wallet and will give you the basics of a FFP before dropping bigger dollars for better glass.

8. 300_whisper

Thanks for the honest feed back. I have the MOA reticle, so I will be primarily cranking the turrets for the fire solutions. I think tracking is my biggest concern. But the unboxing and first impressions, it is a very, very nice scope for under $400.

9. tbeasley

tbeasley

I agree with you as well