Any of you ever ?

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by matthias, Aug 8, 2018.

1. matthias

matthias Gold $$ Contributor

Thought of selling off most of your firearms save a few. Spend more time with the remaining guns and see how it goes?

2. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE Gold $$ Contributor

I do every day. Got some i have never even shot. Found them when moving

JLT, mikeinct, okie and 2 others like this.
  3. SSL

SSL

Been there, done that, talked myself out of it.

Just Say Moe, mikeinct and msinc like this.
  4. Puzzaz01

Puzzaz01 Gold $$ Contributor

Every time I think about it and take a few out of a safe, that's as far as gets.

Darrin

Snuggie, mikeinct, eas1949 and 2 others like this.
  5. msinc

msinc

I never used to...spent too much time and money putting together a nice collection of American double guns. But now, I don't know...I have been thinking about selling them off, but the economy needs to get a little better I think. I also have several hunting rifles that cover the same things...also been thinking about getting rid of the redundant ones. I probably would have already done it, but there really isn't like a handful of guns I really like to shoot the most. I wish more that there was...seems like it would be nice to have one big game rifle, one varmint rifle, one or two shotguns and maybe a plinking rifle or two and just get rid of all the rest.

Milo 2.0 likes this.
  6. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 Silver $$ Contributor

Get help, and never speak of this again.

But honestly, I do sometimes think about reducing my volume and upping my quality. Not that I own a collection of junk, but maybe selling some Glocks and S&W's and buying a Wilson or Nighthawk.

But my deal is that I love shooting and reloading for different stuff. And would get bored out of my skull if only had one or two calibers to load for.

mikeinct, pirate ammo, msinc and 2 others like this.
  7. Milo 2.0

Milo 2.0 Gold $$ Contributor

I thinned my collection by 50%. Want more gone, I do not want to saddle my wife with too much of a mess. I'm down to 3 1911's from who knows how many. I want to keep my loading to 5 rifles, plus AR's. We never had kids.

Ggmac, msinc, deepwater and 1 other person like this.
  8. hoz53

hoz53 Gold $$ Contributor

That’s the way with me I don’t have family to leave any to.

Ggmac likes this.
  9. hoz53

Some of mine have sentimental value. I won’t sell them. For a long time I didn’t think I’d sell another one perIod but I’m gonna take a hard look at and sell some. If I had a display room Where i could look at Them that might be different but mine sit in the safe and if I’m not using them I don’t see and point in having the money tied up in them.

mikeinct likes this.
  10. Willie

Willie Silver $$ Contributor

I often think about thinning the herd, but hardly ever sell anything. I'm lucky I have two sons that hunt. They are always ready to take any overflow I have. Seems they keep a sharper eye on my safe than I do. I can't think of any place better, for those rifles to end up.

Bc'z, Toolbreaker, boltfluter and 4 others like this.
  11. jds holler

jds holler Gold $$ Contributor

I think about it, but there are about three problems with every gun I own.
    1: The price that I think they're worth.
    2: The price they are actually worth.
    3: The price I could actually get for them in my area.

When I realize #3, I think Ahh, Hell with it and hang onto them. jd

Snuggie, Bc'z, Toolbreaker and 7 others like this.
  12. Falfan2017

Falfan2017 Gold $$ Contributor

I get bored and rotate through the collection fairly frequently. Only buying stuff with rebates or used where I think I could get what I paid for it back out or at least close to it.

13. Intheshop

Intheshop Silver $$ Contributor

We have four grown,wonderful sons.They all are deep into shooting and hunting.With kids of their own.......

They are gradually pulling down my inventory in the,nicest of ways. They're all "users" so,it sort of depends on the exact application vs just grabbin to be grabbin,if that makes sense.The oldest just got an early 870 slug barrel shotgun.He is into extreme backpack trad bow hunting and needed a shotgun only area,deer/bear blaster.

It's all working out pretty good.I still sneak rifle's in on the wife..... not that she cares but,sneaking them in is half the fun.Know the boys will love them and take them shooting and hunting.

Nature Boy likes this.
  14. muleystalker

muleystalker Gold $$ Contributor

You want to adopt a son, I have a daughter that likes to shoot too, so you get a bonus grandkid in the deal! lol

swd, Charles, pirate ammo and 3 others like this.
  15. rjtfroggy

rjtfroggy

I am going through this right now. I want to build a new BR gun but I have 6 rifles in the safe that see no day light ever ( all low round count) and a separate safe with shot gun and ML's with a Savage Striker I've never fired in it.
    At 66 years old needing new knees, with 2 herniated disc in my neck and having/ had, cancer, 2 daughters with no interest in shooting and a wife who definitely doesn't want the burden of selling them when I go.
    I offered the shot gun safe to someone full plus the safe for $3000 and they thought I was crazy.I guess they want it for free. The 2 local G S want to pay about 20 cents on the dollar so what I one to do.

mikeinct likes this.
  16. geraldgee

geraldgee Gold $$ Contributor

At some point afterwards, I have regretted selling the rifles that I sold. I am not sure I could weather a multiple sale without some kind of permanent damage. I would think long and hard about it. Good luck with it however you decide to go.

17. msinc

msinc

Yeah, I know the feeling...I don't want to saddle the wife with any more of a "mess" than need be as well. Having kids don't necessarily make it any easier either...we have a girl and a boy. I'd like to start giving them some of the guns, but while he is into shooting and hunting, she just wants the money, so which ones do you give which kid??? There are shooters and there are collector type guns, I am sure the boy wants them all, but the girl might one day have some kids and pass a few onto them.
    As far as myself, in thinking about keeping just a few to shoot...the problem is the one or two I would most like to do that with I sold years ago and just have not been able to replace.

18. hoz53

I didn’t think there was anything in my post about adoption- but thanks for trying to help:D

muleystalker likes this.
  19. hoz53

The girl probably wouldn’t get what they are worth so why not sell some and give her the money. Since I’ve got no kids and no clear inheriter, I hope I can sell everything before I go and do something. I sure don’t want it all to go to the nursing home. I better start now:)

muleystalker and msinc like this.
  20. KMart

KMart Gold $$ Contributor

NO!
    I am a borderline hoarder on some things.