Any My Gun DB users here?

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Jeff A, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Jeff A

Jeff A Formerly known as BikeEffects Gold $$ Contributor

I have been using a program known as MyGunDB which is a firearm database program. A few years ago it picked up a Glitch but it still works and I depend on it a great deal. The Author of the program, a guy named Alan Ellis, decided to become a ghost a few years ago.

My questions is this! Is anyone here still using this program and upgraded there computer OS to Windows 10? Does it still run?

Jeff A

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  2. Chasin Beaver

Chasin Beaver

Not sure what OS I have currently, but it hasn’t worked for me for years. Consider yourself lucky you used it this long. Most people gave up on it (and him) years ago.

3. Jeff A

So, I'm curious! What stopped working for you? Did the program not start up or what exactly?

4. Johnny_V

Johnny_V

To keep track of your firearms inventory you can use a free program called "KeePass". It was primarily designed for keeping track of passwords, but can be easily manipulated to keep track of your firearms inventory. I have used it for years and it can be run from a USB key without being installed on your computer. Reports look very professional and easy to read.

5. Jeff A

This deserves a "Look See". Hopefully I can continue to use what I have. Thank you for pointing out an option.

6. Johnny_V

Johnny_V

Here's a sample report I printed so you can see the possibilities, which are endless. I uploaded this as a .jpeg, but the actual reports are .pdf. There are fields that you may never use, but the beauty of this program is that you are able to create Custom string fields with the wording of you choice.

Sample Firearm Report_Hex.jpg

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019