Any have a NRA .22 silhouette pistol?

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by mousegunner, Sep 16, 2018.

1. mousegunner

mousegunner

Looking to get back into .22 pistol silhouette, problems with knees, hips and neck make Highpower hard for me but I can stand for pistol.

What pistols are being used with what scopes? Interested in pictures if you have them. I borrowed a friends K22 with 6 inch barrel and Weaver scope years ago and tried it a few times, liked it but being a Marine I shot HP instead.

Thanks for looking.

GotRDid likes this.
  2. Boyd L.

Boyd L. Witty comment under development Gold $$ Contributor

Thompson/Center Contender. I used one for IHMSA and NRA Smallbore. A variety of factory or custom barrels and sighting options available if one just shops around on the web.

GotRDid and rr2030 like this.
  3. Hoser

Hoser

I use a Freedom Arms 252.

4. Outrider27

Outrider27 Gold $$ Contributor

I used a Thompson Center Contender also. I shot mostly IHMSA in small bore and that was an iron sight only game in those days, but the Contender also worked fine with a scope. Also shot a target model High Standard, but never tried to scope one of them.

GotRDid likes this.
  5. NorCalMikie

NorCalMikie Gold $$ Contributor

GotRDid likes this.
  6. Doceaux

Doceaux

I have a set of Browning 10" buckmark pistols silhouette and varmint I believe was designed for that game are you familiar with them.

GotRDid likes this.
  7. rr2030

rr2030

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    GotRDid likes this.
  8. GotRDid

GotRDid

9. mousegunner

mousegunner

Thanks, I'm trying to decide if I should sell one of my HP rifles to buy into this sport but got some other issues to work through first. I'll have to attend a match one of these days and see what optics are also being used on the line. Thanks for the replies.

10. Dave Strydom

Dave Strydom

Anshutz for unlimited. I use T/C in standing and have Buckmark silhouette for others. Revolver Freedom Arms. Just came back this weekend from OK they have the nicest range in the world . I can say that hands Down been to lot of ranges in the world.davestr@cox.net if you want to chat.

TC260 likes this.
  11. doninreno

doninreno Silver $$ Contributor

For years I used a very original Thompson Center Contender (Gen one) in Smallbore Hunter Pistol with a 10" bull barrel and a Leupold 6.5-20X cranked up to 20 most all of the time. I slicked up the trigger to my liking and shot it set pretty light. i shot this rig using a "TACO" hold and had the scope cranked to the right to the point where my right wrist was straight and it all felt comfortable and the sight picture was natural for me. This gun shot well enough that i won MANY state and regional matches with it in both NRA and IHMSA, not to mention an NRA national record set (Long Run Turkeys---46 of them and the record stands to this day) with an identical 32-20 set up all the same way for Hunter Pistol. Oh, yeah...the smallbore worked pretty well in the Nationals shooting in the Master classification, where it shot very competitive scores in Master classification on a few occasions. I can HIGHLY recommend the CONTENDER!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018