Any have a NRA .22 silhouette pistol?

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by mousegunner, Sep 16, 2018.

1. mousegunner

mousegunner

Looking to get back into .22 pistol silhouette, problems with knees, hips and neck make Highpower hard for me but I can stand for pistol.

What pistols are being used with what scopes? Interested in pictures if you have them. I borrowed a friends K22 with 6 inch barrel and Weaver scope years ago and tried it a few times, liked it but being a Marine I shot HP instead.

Thanks for looking.

GotRDid likes this.
  2. Boyd L.

Boyd L. Witty comment under development Gold $$ Contributor

Thompson/Center Contender. I used one for IHMSA and NRA Smallbore. A variety of factory or custom barrels and sighting options available if one just shops around on the web.

GotRDid and rr2030 like this.
  3. Hoser

Hoser

I use a Freedom Arms 252.

4. Outrider27

Outrider27 Gold $$ Contributor

I used a Thompson Center Contender also. I shot mostly IHMSA in small bore and that was an iron sight only game in those days, but the Contender also worked fine with a scope. Also shot a target model High Standard, but never tried to scope one of them.

GotRDid likes this.
  5. NorCalMikie

NorCalMikie Gold $$ Contributor

GotRDid likes this.
  6. Doceaux

Doceaux

I have a set of Browning 10" buckmark pistols silhouette and varmint I believe was designed for that game are you familiar with them.

GotRDid likes this.
  7. rr2030

rr2030

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    GotRDid likes this.
  8. GotRDid

GotRDid

9. mousegunner

mousegunner

Thanks, I'm trying to decide if I should sell one of my HP rifles to buy into this sport but got some other issues to work through first. I'll have to attend a match one of these days and see what optics are also being used on the line. Thanks for the replies.

10. Dave Strydom

Dave Strydom

Anshutz for unlimited. I use T/C in standing and have Buckmark silhouette for others. Revolver Freedom Arms. Just came back this weekend from OK they have the nicest range in the world . I can say that hands Down been to lot of ranges in the world.davestr@cox.net if you want to chat.

TC260 likes this.