Anti hunters getting what they ask for.

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by 2506, Jan 24, 2018.

1. 2506

I was just reading on social media that was posted by a person that lives near me that has all their property posted NO HUNTING because they are anti hunters. They were complaining about loosing a little dog that was eaten by coyotes when they let it out to do it's business as well as all the small non tree climbing game has disappeared and they can't even go out of their house at night without running into a pack of coyotes. They were also VERY CONCERNED abut the "poor little deer" also being eaten. They got what they ask for. If you don't control these predators this is what happens.

Grimstod, 1BAD284, Geno C and 2 others like this.
  2. JRS

JRS Silver $$ Contributor

One of my neighbors has his property (400+ acres) posted also. He isn't anti-hunting, but has the right to post those signs on his private property.

284winner and NorCalMikie like this.
  3. Mulligan

Mulligan Silver $$ Contributor

The same thing happens along the front range of Colorado all the time. Pets disappear and sometimes joggers get whacked by the big kitties. But the kind hearted folks keep putting out the salt and mineral blocks for the poor little deer. The Division of Wildlife does their part.... If fixing stupid was easy, the world would be a lot different place.
    CW

4. Lone Hunter

Lone Hunter

Have the same problem near me. (Not the posting of land,that's everywhere). Snowflakes complaining about their dogs and cats disappearing and when you ask to hunt to control the offending coyotes you get a resounding "Hell No". I hate it for the dogs and cats but the snowflakes are too stupid to understand how nature works even though they know everything.

Grimstod likes this.
  5. JRS

That's how nature works, especially in the wild. Wild animals have been killing/eating domestic animals since the beginning of time. Our domestic animals, primarily dogs and cats, are predators also. My dogs will kill and eat wild animals.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  6. bluealtered

bluealtered

I'm afraid it's everywhere, we have a anti-hunter here who has a cabin within probably 50' of a rural two lane highway. They always have a salt block between the cabin and the road and of course there are dead deer there as well. Since that cabin is below the road maybe if one of those deer was to fly up on their roof after being hit they would figure it out.

370bc likes this.
  7. Immike

Immike Silver $$ Contributor

The road to hell is paved with good intentions...

Our conversation department decided to put deer management into the public’s hands several years ago, well that wasn’t a good idea but it made them rich so they let it go until it went too far...

8. FatOldMIHunter

FatOldMIHunter

"Fluffy wuz delishus" - Coyote

370bc, Just Dave, NorCalMikie and 5 others like this.
  9. Lone Hunter

Lone Hunter

JRS, You missed my point. The snowflakes have no clue how the world works but claim to know everything. They gripe and complain about killing the poor little deer that has done nothing to anybody while they are chewing on a steak. They are hypocrites. If you are eating you are killing something whether it is plant or animal.

370bc, ND shooter, Mark W and 2 others like this.
  10. Intheshop

Intheshop Silver $$ Contributor

Let them move here.....

I just listen to the Bambi lovin "city folks" new to our area,nod..."yup,beautiful animals".Rarely takes one Fall and they tear the front off their car hitting a Deer....or see them bouncing off cars in the oncoming lane?Funny how they change their tune?Same with coyote and Canada's.The latter is especially so....first 1/2 dz are "cute",give it awhile.Now there's HUNDREDS on their 2acre high $$ properties.They've been classified as a nuisance species here.

Lone Hunter and FatOldMIHunter like this.
  11. JRS

I understand what you are saying, Lone Hunter. The steak they chew on is bred and fed to be slaughtered to provide the meat. Vegetables and fruits are grown to provide the same. Snowflakes or not, private land owners have the right to allow/deny access to their property. The wide-open spaces we once enjoyed no longer exist. There was a time when a hunting license wasn't necessary to hunt, nor was there a limit on the number of animals we harvested. Times have changed. People have changed.

Edit: You are welcome to hunt deer on my property whenever you choose. However, due to the distance from my house to the property lines, it's an archery proposition only. The deer don't belong to me. The property does.

12. Lone Hunter

Lone Hunter

Agree with you on posting land. I have a little piece of property that is posted. If I know them I will give them permission to go there. My point is the Snowflakes are out of touch with reality.

13. Toby Bradshaw

Toby Bradshaw Gold $$ Contributor

Maybe not in Pennsylvania. Out here they do.

upload_2018-1-24_12-58-31.jpeg

Mulligan, Intheshop and SMITTY33 like this.
  14. JRS

A very large portion of that Federally owned land is not "wide open spaces".

Bureau of Reclamation, Department of Defense, Forest Reserve, National Conservation Area, National Historic Site, National Monument, National Preserve, National Seashore, National Wildlife Refuge, Scenic Area, Department of Energy, National Reserve, Public Domain, Tribal Lands, millions of acres leased to ranchers.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  15. LHSmith

LHSmith

[​IMG]

16. Mulligan

I know you know this,
    I would bet over 80% of those acres in the west identified in the chart above are BLM (Bureau of Land Management) or USFS and it is wide open to multiple use including hunting. On those lands, if a rancher has grazing rights, he simply has the right to graze. It is public land and is open to multiple use.
    CW

17. JRS

The largest percentage of BLM land is in Nevada. 27% of Arizona is Tribal Land. fedland-map.png

18. Mulligan

Okay
    However i took your post to insinuate that in the west the public lands were locked up some how.
    Tribal lands are not considered public lands by the majority of the population. Here in Western Colorado public land is everywhere, same for WY, MT, UT, and NM.
    I will also say, the people that manage this land are fully aware it is public land and all major dicisions regarding any infringement on the access have to be published and the public has at least a 30 day comment period and those comments have to be addressed prior to any changes.
    The west is hunter friendly and your public lands are yours. The only challenge is getting the shooters and hunters to actually attend the meetings and let their voices be heard.
    CW

Toby Bradshaw, Dgd6mm and JRS like this.
  19. Toby Bradshaw

Toby Bradshaw Gold $$ Contributor

The wide open spaces are bigger than the entire state of Pennsylvania. This piece of BLM in Wyoming can be walked all day without crossing a fence or a road.

Hawking the wide open spaces of Wyoming.jpg

pronghorn buck.JPG

Plenty of jackrabbits and coyotes in NV, too, if BLM in NV is the only thing that you think (incorrectly) represents wide open spaces in the American West.

t&k_wideopenspaces.jpg
    coyote kills 7-9 triple.JPG

20. Bill K

Bill K

Well so far, the is plenty of open range, both private and BLM, USFS land that is open to hunting in my area. Yes there have been closures of some private land and yes some anti-hunt, animal right groups have made moves, i.e. the wolf being re-introduced in this area, and they still not wanting to admit they are killing off our deer, the elk we had started and domestic animals, they still defend the wolf and say they are not the culprit, for the most part. But video, sightings by ranchers and others say and show different, but not much you can do there, as they have the wolf on protected status and a person will be charged, if you kill one. So we enjoy the open areas, our hunting, while we have it, and the varmint hunting until we are a lost breed and culture. Bill K