Anschutz 54 rings?

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by avidflyer, Apr 22, 2015.

1. avidflyer

avidflyer Silver $$ Contributor

Wanting to mount a nightforce BR scope to my 54 match. By my math I need at least 1.05 or higher. Ive used dip and special made rails in the past, This 54 has a Anschutz tip off rail so I need to stay with the 11mm anschutz style mount. Who's making a 1.1 or higher anschutz style 30mm ring? Just wanting to see what anyone else is using so i can make some decisions.

2. mgdietrich

mgdietrich

I think the Kelbly rimfire rings are that high, check their webpage.

3. Fotheringill

Fotheringill

Take a look at BKL rings. OR Burris Signature Rimfire rings in high. They will both fit on the rifle's top rail.

If you are thinking of getting the Anschutz made riser for extra height, the objective bell may hit the front of the riser. Mine did and I had to cut down the length of the riser.

What is the outside circumference of the objective bell on your scope?

hogpatrol and Lone Hunter like this.
  4. avidflyer

avidflyer Silver $$ Contributor

The OD is 68mm. Will the burris rimfire rings fit anschutz? I was told by several people they wouldnt.

5. udiablo

udiablo

I would call Kelbly and tell them what you intend to do.

Good rings that will clamp directly on the 11mm dovetail of your rifle.

6. patriot

patriot

I use Burris 30mm Signature Rings with these adaptors. It allows me to align for the optical center. The Burris High Rings specs show 1.02 and the adaptors will get you the rest, but are you certain you need that much height?

Mark

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11mm-Dovetail-to-20mm-Picatinny-Weaver-Rail-Adaptor-Package-includes-2-adaptors-/271829521132?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f4a4d52ec

Lone Hunter likes this.
  7. Fotheringill

Fotheringill

It SHOULD clear on a 68 mm bell. I have a Leupold 45x fixed scope on my Anschutz 1913a with the BKL highs and it clears with ease. My outside objective is 58mm. That means there is a difference of 5mm that will need to clear. It will. If you still need further confirmation, I would suggest sending an e-mail to Burris (they respond surprisingly fast) and ask if the Burris Rimfire rings in High will clear. Otherwise get the BKL risers and go from there with medium rings of your choice.

8. walker

walker

About five years ago I got for my CZ 452 an adaptor 11mm to Pocatinny, item No. 19008. This should work on your Anschutz.

Rimfire Technologies
    P.O. Box 19098
    Spokane, WA 99219

Telephone Technical Support:
    Available from 9am to 3pm PST
    (712) RIMFIRE
    (712) 746-3473

9. hfinkle

hfinkle

M.WERKS,LLC MAKES A RAIL FOR ANSCHUTZ 54 ROUND ACTION TO WEAVER STYLE, VERY NICE

Robbie610 likes this.
  10. johara1

johara1

I have a March 48 power HM. on my 1807 with Kelbly rim fire rings and it clears by a ton, and it is a 52 mm..... jim

11. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

Another vote for the BKLs. Made in the USA. They'll fit 11mm.

12. redrockranger

redrockranger Silver $$ Contributor

I'd pass on the Burris rimfire rings. I tried them and they did not seem to clamp evenly. I went with a B-Square adapter base and Burris Signature Z rings on a ^4 and 2013 BR50. Works fine.

13. Fotheringill

Fotheringill

As to clearance for ANYTHING, log onto Midway and find your scope. They should have a measurement diagram that will give you clearances and you can figure it out from there.

14. 1813benny

1813benny

Call Kelbly's and they will be able to assist you or point you in the correct direction.

15. jepp2

jepp2 Silver $$ Contributor

?? All the NF Bench Rest scopes I have seen have 56mm Objectives? Be careful on some tipoff mounts, the rounded top of the Anschutz receiver can be a problem. I just bought a set of Warne High rings for my Sightron SIII 8-32 x 56, and they are going to work just fine. https://warnescopemounts.com/product/732m-30mm-7-322-high-matte-rings/

Look at the BKL-558 if you want an Anschutz to Weaver conversion rail. http://www.bkltech.com/Dovetail-to-Weaver-Picatinny-Adaptor-Mounts-s/7.htm

16. kapt

kapt Silver $$ Contributor

17. fastarget

fastarget Silver $$ Contributor

Just had a similar dilemma with a 1907 and a 1403 (54 and 64 actions). I looked at the options and ended up with a DIP made scope rails for each. I went with the 25MOA models in order to have some flexibility in shooting longer distances. With these rails I can now use any ring and scope combo we have. Another option.
    https://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3599