Anschutz 1710 ejection issues

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by duck, May 14, 2018.

1. duck

duck Silver $$ Contributor

I have a new 1710 the empties are ejecting at to much of an angle upward hitting the bottom of scope causing them to fall back in chamber. Also once the bolt is shut on unfurled case it will leave it in the chamber and not pull it out unless fired. Need advice or gunsmith in NC.

2. Hydenseek

Hydenseek Silver $$ Contributor

Try ky, if it doesnt work, bend over cause you’re .....

3. djdilliodon

djdilliodon Silver $$ Contributor

If it’s a new rifle, send it back to Anschutz!!!!!)

4. Kookie

Kookie

Contact the Anschutz service center to have your bolt fixed. See post #17 in this link for contact information http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471177

I would let the service center do the work if it’s still under warranty rather than do it yourself or have a gunsmith do it.

5. Boyd L.

Boyd L. Gold $$ Contributor

Not to be dismissive of your diagnosis but most 1700 series with ejection issues aren’t failing to clear the ejection port because they hitting the scope. Instead, the cartridge cases hit the scope because the extractor (right side) and cartridge retainer (left side) are both securing the cartridge rim equally (or nearly so) instead of the cartridge retainer releasing its purchase on the rim and allowing the extractor to pivot the case out of the ejection port upon contact with the ejector. A properly working cartridge retainer will release the cartridge at the slightest provocation and will eject well under the scope.
    It’s a shame to have to send a new gun back for adjustment because of $15 worth of parts, but since it’s new that is what I’d do. If it wasn’t new and having Anschutz address the problem isn’t an option a smith who understands how to judicially polish extraction components is in order. There are a few who seem to know what their doing over at RimfireCentral.com.

Good luck. Please keep us informed as you get this sorted out.

6. duck

duck Silver $$ Contributor

I set up a slow motion camera it’s hitting the bottom of the scope not the port or rail. Thanks for the info and I’ll make sure to post when resolved.