Anschutz 1411 vs Kidd Super Grade 22 Rimfire results

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by jepp2, Jul 13, 2019.

1. jepp2

jepp2 Gold $$ Contributor

I had never shot better grade 22 rimfire ammo in my Annie 1411. So I bought an assortment and shot them in the Annie and my Kidd 22's. Everything was shot outdoors at 50 yards. The 5 group average was the average of the 5 groups with none escaping scoring. And the best group is just the lowest spread group of the 5. I shaded in yellow the best result of each.

Conditions for all groups were good, but they were shot over a couple of months so the temperatures did vary a good bit. Thought you might enjoy this evaluation.

Rimfire Ammo Test.jpg Rimfire Accuracy.jpg

Trevor60, CADDIE5, Mikey_P and 3 others like this.
  2. Danoh

Danoh Gold $$ Contributor

Nice job on the comparison and easy-to-read chart. Guys like you make things easy for idiots like me to understand.

Pyscodog and jepp2 like this.
  3. TAJ45

TAJ45 Gold $$ Contributor

I'd say, my take, is a bolt gun had the edge overall.
    However, I have read differing opinions on how many rounds of X ammo before the bbl is "seasoned" to the lube specific to the chosen ammo flavor.
    But, hats off to you for this comprehensive test. It wasn't cheap, either.

jepp2 likes this.
  4. Sniper338

Sniper338

My KIDD actually shoots the federal auto match better than most anything. Better than eley.

jepp2 likes this.
  5. jepp2

jepp2 Gold $$ Contributor

That was something I wanted to check. See if initial groups were larger during "seasoning" and if they got progressively smaller. But since I tended to shoot the same manufacturer ammo, just different flavors, I might have washed some of that out. But there wasn't a definite trend in improving group size with more rounds of the same.

6. TheGoatMumbler

TheGoatMumbler

CCI STD VEL groups great in my 10/22. My Tikka T1X & CZ457? Not so much. My T1X has grouped well from the start. The CZ seems to get better the more rounds through it and some say you need 500rds +. Really? WTH? In the end they like what they like. Then the next nightmare is one that you can run at both 50 & 100 yds. It never ends!

7. velocette

velocette Silver $$ Contributor

[
    Your results are quite similar to mine with my Anschutz 1413 Supermatch. The Lapua and SK ammo both do better than any of the Eley grades including Tenex.

8. foxguy

foxguy Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks for testing and sharing your results.

9. perry42

perry42 Gold $$ Contributor

My BSA Martini and Anschutz BR prefer Fiochi winter and Lapua biathlon over Eley, RWS, SK, and many other brands.

perry42