another tumbling media?

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by pcmacd, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Uncle Ed

Uncle Ed

How do you get your bows into your tumbler? Did you connect your bow to a battery? :)

If you paint your bows with flat camouflage paint you wont spook what your hunting with your ultra-shiny bow. ;)

Polishing Brass Casings with Nu Finish (PROOF IT WORKS)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  2. dig

dig

1. Try Dillon, Bass Pro, Cabelas, Sportsman’s, Legendary Guns, Bruno’s Shooters Supplies, pleanty of places to find what you need.

3. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE Gold $$ Contributor

You cant leave it on there. Its a metal polish- wipe it off as so.

4. JRS

JRS Gold $$ Contributor

It proves Nu-Finish is a protectant/sealer, not a polish. You can wax the cartridge case and achieve the same result. You can pay extra for wax to be sprayed on your car during the final rinse at a car wash, but it isn't adding a shine, quickly disappears, and lightens your wallet:D

5. Delfuego

Delfuego Silver $$ Contributor

I dont really use the Nu-Finish anymore. Its probably still on the walnut though. I do how ever use a little mineral spirits and dryer sheets to keep the dust and tiny particles at bay.

6. Uncle Ed

Uncle Ed

After reading countless posts with reloaders adding Nu-Finish to their tumbling media I tried it, and it works.
    You don't see hundreds of posts with people adding Turtle wax, Maguires wax, rubbing compound etc to their tumblers.

We are tumbling brass cases and not waxing bows or cars, and the walnut Lizard litter and Nu-finish works well for cleaning cases.

I now use my vibratory tumbler more than my wet tumbler, and I can let the cases tumble all night and not harm them.

And how you clean your brass cases is up to the person reloading, and what makes you happy.

I mean no disrespect to anyone here, but I tried lizard litter and Nu-finish and like the results and will keep using it.

MN50Shooter likes this.
  7. azmetalman

azmetalman

Dillon Precision
    Address: 8009 E Dillons Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
    Hours:
    Open ⋅ Closes 6PM
    Phone: (480) 948-8009

They sell both crushed walnut hulls and corn cob media.

8. Twoboxer

Twoboxer Silver $$ Contributor

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  9. XENU

XENU

I use 12/20 walnut blast media and add a squirt of Flitz tumbler media additive.
    The walnut was about $30.

10. haveme1

haveme1

Lizard media here. Way cheaper than any thing marked for rifle brass cleaner.
    Throw in old dryer sheet pieces to gather the dust. Empty outside standing up wind !
    A co op feed store might have corn Cobb idk