Aero Precision Ultralight AR mount thoughs

Discussion in 'Scopes, Optics, LRFs, Spotters, BoreScopes' started by GunAddict, May 6, 2016.

1. GunAddict

GunAddict

I know this is not the ideal place for this. I bought a good .223 AR barrel from a member here. Since it is a heavier profile, I am looking for weight savings where I can. I found the Aero Precision Ultralight mounts liked below for around 3 oz. That's an almost 6 oz savings from the Burria PEPR I have used before. Anybody have any experience with them?

Or maybe I shouldn't worry about weight since it mainly will be shot from a bench. I am looking to shoot more in the 300-500 ranges with it.

http://aeroprecisionusa.com/ultralight-30mm-extended-scope-mount.html

2. jonbearman

jonbearman I live in new york state,how unfortunate ! Gold $$ Contributor

I wouldn't worry about buying one, they look well made.

3. ericbc7

ericbc7

I have a set and they are well made and come with a quality wrench/key. I haven't tried lapping them yet so cant say how well they are finished but you probably should lapp any rings you use, since even the best wont be perfect.
    They go on sale pretty regularly it seems, so sign up for the email notices and you should get a sale price in a bit.
    Good Luck!

GotRDid likes this.
  4. BigBlueandGoldie

BigBlueandGoldie

I'm not a fan of the ring design; especially the top interface. If this rifle is being shot from a bench, why bother trying to save weight? Most people don't look to make their bench gear lighter.

5. GunAddict

GunAddict

I actually found a place that has 20% off right now. It comes to a little over $70 shipped.

GotRDid likes this.
  6. GunAddict

GunAddict

I guess mostly it's because I've never really owned a pure bench gun. So my mentality has always been a little weight is ok, but I don't want too much that I don't want to carry around.

7. GotRDid

GotRDid Silver $$ Contributor

I have two; bought from Granite Ridge Outfitters.
    Excellent value and quality.
    GotRDid.

8. 300_whisper

300_whisper Silver $$ Contributor

Good base. I have one. No issues with it. It looks good too, if you care about that stuff.

9. Mr.Knowit all

Mr.Knowit all Silver $$ Contributor

I was VERY skeptical when I first got mine. I actually never would have bought them bc I don't care for the design but I was in a crunch for time. I have a 1-4 scope on an 18in FN AR15 and it has been great. No movement, surprisingly solid and very light weight. I have no complaints.