AEDC Dean Herron Memorial Match 22 Sept 2019

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by kreiert, Sep 3, 2019.

1. kreiert

kreiert

MSM Shooters

MSM is proud to announce that we have secured a date for the Dean Herron Memorial Match. Sunday Sept. 22 we will be hosting this annual 3x600 match. As in the past we'll have the traveling trophy's for this years class winners. High F-Class, High F-T/R, High Prone and last but certainly not least, the wood and steel category. ( wood and steel service rifles, scoped or irons,1903/
    M1/M1A ) So get those old rifles out, knock the dust off and get that ammo loaded. Hope to see every one in a couple of weeks. Tim/John MSM

PS: This weekend we are also hosting a 6 x 600 at Henry County Gun Club. Be great practice for the memorial match. Hint,hint

gunsandgunsmithing likes this.
  2. PAPA65

PAPA65

Will this match be shot on ETargets

3. kreiert

kreiert

Yes it will be shot on e targets .( Hopefully all AEDC matches will be shot on e targets next year. ) Let you buddies know, will be a great match to honor one of our former shooters. Tim/John MidSouth Marksmen

Bama shooter, rinoray and randy x like this.
  4. M99

M99

Are you shooting 3 x 600 on both Sat 21 and Sunday 22?

5. Damfino

Damfino Gold $$ Contributor

6. kreiert

kreiert

As per our web site, the match on Saturday is and has been canceled for months. This Sunday just became available a week ago, as it was canceled previously also. When in doubt, check our web site http://www.midsouthmarksmen.com/ for current up to date info. Once again, the match (3x600) is 22 September. Hope to see you there Tim/John MSM

7. M99

M99

Thank you.

8. FatBoy

FatBoy

Hoping I can make this match again this year.

Never seen anyone shoot a 40x in 30-338 with an unsprung Unertl like Dean. He really had the rythem down and made shooting that beast look easy.

randy x likes this.
  9. chkunz

chkunz Gold $$ Contributor

He won the Farr trophy at Perry in 1970 with a score of 100 18V. We owe him for the AEDC KD range. If it were not for him and his efforts in the 1960s and 1970s we would not have the AEDC KD Range today. He never would take credit for all that he did but gave the credit to the work of others who helped him in this effort.

JeffT, FatBoy, kreiert and 1 other person like this.
  10. kreiert

kreiert

Shooters, we are just days away from this great match. Get those rifles clean and that ammo loaded.This promises to
    be a great match, with lots of competition as in the past. Hope to see you there, Tim/John MSM

Bama shooter likes this.
  11. FatBoy

FatBoy

Finished loading last night. Going to try upping the charge. 3gr and using .002" more neck tension. Hopefully I can get rid of some of the verticle.

See you Sunday morning, with my 10x10 EZ Up!

12. morpheus

morpheus Jim Sokolowski Sling Shooter Gold $$ Contributor

Chris - this is for your “wood and steel” rifle, right? I’m shooting a Garand.

13. kreiert

kreiert

I'm bringing my Garand (Not the 243, which is actually now a 6XC) as a back up. I intend on shooting my 1903 if things work out. Thomas stated he was bringing his M1A, but now that I think about it. He never actually stated he was shooting it. If he does, I'll
    be surprise for sure.

Bama shooter likes this.
  14. FatBoy

FatBoy

I'm ashamed to say I don't own any wood 'n steel.

15. morpheus

morpheus Jim Sokolowski Sling Shooter Gold $$ Contributor

I'll bring one for you, plus some ammo.

16. FatBoy

FatBoy

Dasher will be in the truck. I need to make sure this ammo shoots before Memphis.

Besides the M14, Deam shot a 40x in 30-338 with a Unertl that free recoiled. No adjustable anything on the stock, just a rail for the hand stop. Would be interesting to see if any of us could shoot a rifle like that as well as he did.

17. kreiert

kreiert

Well I'll be trying with my 1903A1 MC Sniper clone. Its not 30-338, but its 30-06 with steel buttplate. If I cant keep them in the black, I've got my Garand(not the 6mm) as back up. My poor M1A needs a barrel, which will be one of my winter projects.
    See you gentlemen in the morning.....................Tim

18. FatBoy

FatBoy

Sounds like there is going to be a good mix of classic service rifles (of the world it seems) and modern fair. See you at 7am tomorrow.

19. M99

M99

Great Match.
    Did anyone happen to find a single F-Class "Foot" for a SEB Neo on the ground around the #4 shooting position after the match. I didn't notice that one must have fallen off my rest when I was packing up at the end. Its an aluminum round "foot" about 2" in diameter that screws onto the SEB ground support screws. Thanks.

20. kreiert

kreiert

Shooters, attached are the results from the Dean Herron Memorial Match. Thanks for all the guys and gals who came out and made this a great match. Hope to see everybody next month for the Tennessee combined MR state Championship. (19/20 Oct) Tim/John................ MSM

[​IMG]

Say It Isn't So ! Who's this shooting a Wood and Steel Rifle
    [​IMG]

randy x likes this.