ADG Brass

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Alex Wheeler, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

Im pretty much in the "if Lapua dont make it I dont want it" camp. I like accuracy and pressure. Lapua has been the only one that I was satisfied with. I decided to try some ADG 338 Edge cases. I ran them up to an over pressure. The bolt popped right open with only a shadow of an ejector mark if you really studied the case. Definitely no shiny spot. I would say these cases are as hard as Lapua, maybe harder. I weighted the cases and got an extreme spread of 1.6 grains in 50 cases. Thats a little more than .5%. I called Tom Mousel to ask how his last batch of 6br cases weighted and they were about 1%, still excellent. Neck thickness variation was about .001", again on par with Lapua. So, buy some ADG brass so they stick around and hopefully add more options to the line. Pretty sure 28 and 30 Nosler are coming, 280ai would be nice too :)

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  2. ebb

ebb

Thank you Alex!!! Jusst the news Ive been waiting on. Ive got just about all the parts to build a rifle, a long action ultra mag action and the bolt body that I had from my sender with magnum bolt face. I wanted a 300 rum but was sweating the Remington brass.

3. can1010

can1010 Silver $$ Contributor

saum brass is also on the way. they are the ones making correct headstamped brass for the Sherman short mags. 300 win mag brass is as good as nosler for prep and weight and holds up about the same

L W P, TimS, simo hayha and 1 other person like this.
  4. BarryB

BarryB Gold $$ Contributor

The 7 SAUM brass can't get here soon enough.....

L W P, muleystalker and RampedRaptor like this.
  5. boltfluter

boltfluter Gold $$ Contributor

Barry, you can say that again. I have a 6.5 SAUM in the works.:D:D

Paul

Cloudrepair and RampedRaptor like this.
  6. moondog

moondog Gold $$ Contributor

+ 1 on the 7 SAUM Brass!

muleystalker likes this.
  7. Alex Wheeler

If its a repeater, do a 30 Nosler. Single shot go for the rum!

8. moondog

moondog Gold $$ Contributor

No love for the 300 prc? I'm in the same boat, 30 Nosler or, 300 PRC. Mine will be a repeater.

9. Jason_A

Jason_A

Thanks Alex. The only other opinion I have read about them was very positive as well.

10. Alex Wheeler

The prc looks good. But I won't touch hornady Brass. So until someone else makes cases I won't mess with it. But I'm glad to see options to the 300wm!

Spook likes this.
  11. Jaybo

Jaybo Gold $$ Contributor

I also bought some ADG 338 Edge brass. Im hoping they do well .keep me posted on how your test go. How many firing do you have on them so far . Alex

12. Willow

Willow

280AI brass would be nice for sure...

kwil13 and LA50SHOOTER like this.
  13. 10at6

10at6 Silver $$ Contributor

Been using their 300 win mag cases...very good stuff

Zero333 likes this.
  14. benchracer

benchracer

I have some ADG .308 brass. Excellent quality! +1 on the 280AI brass!! I have been pestering ADG to make something in the 270/280/280AI family and hoping enough other shooters are doing the same to convince them to offer it.

15. dickn52

dickn52 Gold $$ Contributor

Been using ADG in 6.5 CM (gasp) for awhile now and I really like them. Third reload and I can find nothing wrong with them.

16. joshf303

joshf303

Called and talked to Kevin for a bit.....
    Answered all my questions and said shooting for the first of the year on the 7 SAUM brass.

Ordered some 6 CM brass to try in a new barrel.

L W P likes this.
  17. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

Been reading some good reviews on the new ADG brass after primer pocket issues were addressed from the past. Guys running loads slightly OVER max pressure in 6.5 Creed for 15 firings and primer pockets still good.

I'm hoping they will come out with 300 Norma Mag soon because it doesnt look like Lapua is very concerned with the production they promised.

Finally getting some good brass for the Nosler cases will be a game changer for sure ;)

Here's the test video on ADG brass with good info on the company background. Looks like pretty good stuff.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Zero333 and Boatschool02 like this.
  18. DDRH65PRC

DDRH65PRC

just ordered 6.5 PRC brass from them a couple of days ago. Reviews have been good. Hope to see 300 PRC brass too

19. L W P

L W P

No SAUM brass yet ? Maybe some 6 DASHER too, would be nice.

20. DaveTooley

DaveTooley Silver $$ Contributor

I've known those guys for 10 years. Worked with them on a project before ADG. Great guys. Happy to see good reviews. I was told at Shot they wouldn't be adding new products this year but who knows it's only the middle of February.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    simo hayha likes this.