Action For 6ppc Rail Gun ?

Discussion in 'Gear Talk: What to Buy? and Gear Evaluations' started by R.Morehouse, Sep 29, 2018.

1. R.Morehouse

R.Morehouse Gold $$ Contributor

I am picking up a rail gun from a friend that comes with a barrel that is threaded for a Bat. It is an older set up and i was wondering if the Bat actions are similar to the Kebleys in that one barrel has a good chance of being able to be swapped from one action to another.? The gun will accept any type of action and i was also wondering which action do you think may be best for the rail regardless of the existing barrel coming with it. Setting the barrel back to accept another action is no big deal. The barrel is like new so i am planning on using it. Thanks for your time and input.

Best Regards
    Rick

2. wang243

wang243 Silver $$ Contributor

You will most likely stick with a Bat action if you plan on using the barrel threaded of a Bat.
    That been said take a hard look at the new Bat Neivo action. Pricey but is really a nice action with a lot of neat improvements.

R.Morehouse likes this.
  3. Toby Bradshaw

Toby Bradshaw Gold $$ Contributor

The Neuvo seems to shoot OK on Gary Ocock's rail gun.

upload_2018-10-15_13-43-11.jpeg

R.Morehouse likes this.
  4. R.Morehouse

R.Morehouse Gold $$ Contributor

Ended up with a real nice Bat rb-lp-re 1.75 3 lug barreled action that came off an existing rail with a 1.45 Kreiger on it with a good bit of life left. Thanks for the advise and input. Looking forward to getting it up and running........Oh Yeah.......Just about winter here in Pa.:(

Regards
    Rick

thekriebles and jimmymac like this.
  5. jimmymac

jimmymac Silver $$ Contributor

Nice!

R.Morehouse likes this.