About What is a Firearm

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Curmudgeon, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon

So lately there has been chatter here about seizure of firearms for various reasons. What exactly does one have to give up if ordered to surrender a firearm? A stock, a trigger, a barrel or a scope?
    The only piece of equipment that matters is the piece with the serial number right? Not even the bolt matters. Everything without a number isn't a firearm is it? Has anyone questioned why all the extra pieces are taken when only one part really matters? What's really going on?

2. spclark

spclark Gold $$ Contributor

This is gonna get interesting....

okie and 22BRGUY like this.
  3. Comrade Terry

Comrade Terry Gold $$ Contributor

4. Bojo

Bojo

Extremely valid point.
    Now who is gonan be the one to shell out millions proving it ?

5. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

6. RatRifle

RatRifle

This question, @Curmudgeon, really tells us when problems in this country started doesn't it. We should have beat them down when they tried to put serial numbers on our firearms. Then we should have stopped them when they put serial numbers on us(Social Security), and our cars, and our homes, etc etc etc. Because they think you are their property and they are marking you as such. Then go read that nasty, treasonous 14th Amendment and pay special attention to the word "Subject" in there.
    I am done. Sorry in advance, Boss

Jim

Zero333, msinc, 'Freak and 3 others like this.
  7. Milo 2.0

Milo 2.0 Gold $$ Contributor

So basically you are asking for time to remove the barrel, stock, trigger, and scope from the rifle while LE waits for you to do this?
    The top news stories this am is who won grammy's. And cardi b's award, whoever the hell he or she is.

Zero333, tmwinds, 300_whisper and 2 others like this.
  8. Dusty Stevens

Dusty Stevens COVFEFE- Thread Derail Crew Gold $$ Contributor

What policeman or military personnel will be doing this confiscation? First off which one would, and what tactics would they use after the first guy refused to give it up and its on the news them dragging a guy out covered with pepper spray or an mrap thru the front door? Or heaven forbid the roger stone swat team shows up? Once word gets out its going to be a tad tougher- so this will work for what, 3,4 houses then get bad?

Wooten, ED3, DirtySteve and 8 others like this.
  9. Milo 2.0

MD has had it's share of Red Flag cases lately, complaints from family on your behavior and it's curtains. More states have this too. Be sweet to your wife, lol

I'm kind of thinking if LE feels you are a threat, they'll grab you coming out of a liquor store rather than busting your front door down.

Bc'z, Toolbreaker and hogpatrol like this.
  10. Dusty Stevens

What im saying is once it starts these guys that own guns will be on the lookout and itll get pretty tough. The guys i know that still own guns wont go easy and theres not enough crooked cops that will go against their oath to do this. Im just glad i sold all of my guns back when joe biden told me all i needed was a double barrel shotgun. I sold that after the vegas shooting.

Zero333, Taildrag15X, jwink and 12 others like this.
  11. Bojo

Bojo

All I own is a thompson center renegade flintlock. I should just be able to hand over the barrel on that and keep my lock and stock I think.

Zero333 and msinc like this.
  12. Dusty Stevens

I need to get a flintlock pistol. A guy really needs some sort of firearm for home protection but i dont want to get too crazy. Maybe i can get one of those that have the wick that rolls down to the flashpan when you pull the trigger- a matchlock

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Taildrag15X, Bc'z and DirtySteve like this.
  13. Someoldguy

Someoldguy Silver $$ Contributor

Ya think you're gonna see THAT on the evening news should it happen?

Really?

Only if they change the story to say the civilian attacked the military/ LEOs.

14. SPJ

SPJ Silver $$ Contributor

On an AR would it not just be the lower receiver?
    That's all I had to register
    Addendum- I forgot I even had it:)

Attached Files:

15. Joe Salt

Joe Salt Silver $$ Contributor

I think this is the reason Trump wants out of United Nations, He knows what they are up to!

Joe Salt

'Freak, Bc'z and DirtySteve like this.
  16. KMart

KMart Gold $$ Contributor

[QUOTE="Milo 2.0, post: 37427669, member: 1279933

I'm kind of thinking if LE feels you are a threat, they'll grab you coming out of a liquor store rather than busting your front door down.[/QUOTE]

If I remember correctly, there were plenty of opportunities to take David Koresch while he was tooling around Waco. What approach did the govt take?

Zero333, Taildrag15X, 'Freak and 3 others like this.
  17. Milo 2.0

If I remember correctly, there were plenty of opportunities to take David Koresch while he was tooling around Waco. What approach did the govt take?[/QUOTE]
    Attrition comes to mind, low seniority guys will wise up quickly.

18. Rsadams

Rsadams

Exactly , I have been saying this exact same thing for a long time.... I think I would just pack up and move to a free state... To me it's so stupid becouse only law abiding citizens follow the law effectively disarming the people who are not the problem... Criminals don't care how many laws you pass , that's why we have the word Criminal....they have already basically removed the fourth amendment with the Patriot act so don't think they can't remove with out actually removing any of the other ones...

Zero333 likes this.
  19. rwj

rwj Silver $$ Contributor

Perhaps some of our friends from “down under” will share their experiences?

Mark W likes this.
  20. Toby Bradshaw

Toby Bradshaw Gold $$ Contributor

Taildrag15X and Rsadams like this.