A Word About Donations

Discussion in 'Main Message Board' started by Forum Boss, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

Updated: 12/28/2013
    We have a lot of dedicated fans of the site and for that I'm very grateful. We now have about 40 commercial sponsors and the fees each of them contribute monthly defrays most (but not all) of the regular overhead, server costs, software costs, phone bills, travel expenses, shipping costs and so on.

We are working on a major upgrade on the site. This requires a lot of custom programming and is a very expensive proposition. We need to raise funds to help pay for that big upgrade. In addition, we hope to undertake some more serious testing and that means additional expenses.

We have had some very generous souls make donations to the site, but they represent maybe .1% of our user base. We currently log about 20,000 visitors per day, and close to 130,000 unique visitors per week.

It would make a huge difference in our ability to deliver new, quality content and update the site regularly if the level of reader support could increase. We have a simple donation system in place -- just click the DONATE button at the right of the page. Donations don't have to be large. If a decent percentage of our audience kicked in the price of a cup of coffee now and then, that would really, really help. If you want to be listed as a "Site Contributor", with the gold banner, we request a minimum donation of $20.00.

And remember that our classified ads are FREE. If you've successfully sold an item or two via our ads, consider donating a dollar or two.

Many hands make light the work. All donations, even modest ones, really help.

Thanks,

Paul McM, (Mr. Moderator)

If you don't want to use PayPal, you can make a check payable to "Jeff Williams".
    Jeff now handles the direct donations for me. Please mail your check to:

Jeff Williams
    PO Box 240
    Solon Springs, WI 54873

2. chuckw2

chuckw2

Dear Mr. Editor,
    Thanks for the input. This is the one site that I visit everyday without fail. I will not make a purchasing decision without running buy the board members. At this very moment you boys are helping me make the RIGHT decision on which front rest to buy. I have saved so much money, buy buying the best item first, as advised on this site.

I realize that there is no such thing as a free lunch. I want this site to continue to be the best shooting site on the WWW.

I 05 and 06 I have sent in contributions unsolicited. I don't remember what I sent in on 05, but in 06 I know that I mailed Jason a check for $50.00. I don't mind paying to play.

What if every member contributed $20.00 a year.

When a new member joins, why don't we solicit an contribution at that time.

I do not want you and Jason to get burned out or come out of pocket for ANY expenses.

Reilly looking froward the Jeff Cochran article, I shot next to Jeff at the Nats. Great guy...What a Hammer!!!!!!

Chuck

3. Silverfox

Silverfox Silver $$ Contributor

Editor in Chief-- Maybe I missed it, but I don't recall seeing an address to which I can send a donation. Would you please post that address and a check will be forthcoming. I really enjoy the information I have gathered from this site and would like to help out with a donation. I don't use PayPal--sorry!!! Thanks.

4. dantec

dantec

as easy way

why not add PAY PAL system and pay a little amount as 10 USD each year that allow to make 10 buck x XXXXX members, and 10 USD is closely nothing if compare the help provide by this website

good shooting

DAN TEC

5. BountyHunter

BountyHunter Gold $$ Contributor

second the paypal account idea.

"open it and they will come!""

BH

6. Mark Walker in TX

Mark Walker in TX

Paypal is owned by ebay and is extremely anti-gun.

They seized the accounts of two of the big AR15.com vendors when they determined that gun parts were being paid for using the service. Note that they did not just close the accounts, THEY KEPT ALL THE VENDORS MONEY THAT WAS IN THE ACCOUNTS.
    I understand the convenience, but we should not sacrifice our principals for the sake of convenience.

Check is ready to go upon posting of a mailing address.

Thanks Paul & 6MMBR.com/AccurateShooter.com !!!!!!

Mark

7. Caduceus

Caduceus

Got any proof on that last post?

What you are suggesting amounts to nothing less than criminal theft.

Convince me it really happened.

keebler718 likes this.
  8. Mark Walker in TX

Mark Walker in TX

Both vendors discussed it openly on the board there. It has been about 6 months shince it happened. Denny's Guns and JTAC. Denny didn't lose much as he had just moved the $$ out, but Jason,JTAC) took a decent hit, like $500 or so.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=119&t=148691

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=141&t=148706

9. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

We do have a PayPal account. Click on the "Donate to Site" button at the bottom of this page, or the "Donate Button" in the right column.

Even if you don't maintain a PayPal account you can pay via credit card using the same donation button.

If you don't want to use PayPal, you can make a check payable to "Jeff Williams".
    Jeff handles the direct donations for me. Please mail your check to:

Jeff Williams
    PO Box 240
    Solon Springs, WI 54873

Thanks to all for helping out!

10. chuckw2

chuckw2

I have had some problems with Pal-Pal that were strange to say the least, I always pay with credit card mostly. In this case it is too easy just to drop Jason a check in the mail.

Chuck

11. JamesnTN

JamesnTN Silver $$ Contributor

I will add to the donations and will say that for every item I sell from this board I will donate 5% of my sales diectly to the 6mmbr.com site all one needs to do is put in a note or 6mmbr.com in the header so I know my sales came from here.

Guys and gals I can get you just about anything and do my best in saving you money however there are times I can't and if I know of a cheaper price I will direct anyone to it. If Midway sells it I can get it to you from them in 99% of the time cheaper as I have a dealership with them and have items shipped direct from them.
    This is a great board and lets keep it up and running.

12. Forum Boss

Forum Boss Administrator

James,

That's a great offer--thanks.

You guys should check out what James carries. His prices are very competitive, particularly on dies, scales, and optics.

13. Silverfox

Silverfox Silver $$ Contributor

Thank you very much, James, for your offer of financial support for this GREAT Web site.

I have purchased several Montana X-Treme products, a Lucas rod guide and a Sightron II 6.5-20x50mm side focus mildot scope from James and I am a very satisfied customer. Thank you, James, for provided great service and more than reasonable prices.

14. eddyverhoeven

eddyverhoeven

I'm with Dantec on this one

ed

15. jb1000br

jb1000br

Ed - if you scroll to the bottom of this very page, you can click the paypal button ;)

JB :thumb:

16. harvey13118

harvey13118

I am truly amazed at the amount and quality of information here.

I used to shoot Hi-Power Silhouette in Alaska and Calif late 70 and early 80's. Moved back to east Coast and finally settled back home in upstate NY. Limited Hi-Power opportunities here.

Have shot woodchucks forever here 200+ only shots and just bought a coyote rifle 22-250 Varmint. My brother was howling about using any 30 cal on dogs.

Any ways the info is valuable and will also send a donation. Thanks for the tremendous site.

Harvey

17. carlsdad

carlsdad

The PayPal worked great, no fuss, invaluable information, thanx to all.

18. RJinTexas

RJinTexas

I found this form a couple of months ago and I've already found it to be more useful and informative then most of the so called shooting/hunting magazines I subscribe to. Most everyone who's into accuracy, long range shooting,custom guns or varmint hunting know that these aren't cheap hobbies, and most of us waist some of our money a new gadget that we end up throwing aside, scratching or heads and wondering why we threw or money away on that piece of junk. Well this form is not junk, it's winner so lets support it, and yes I'm proud to say I do.

RJ

19. ArtinNC

ArtinNC

Why can't I get on the home Page ?????????????

20. jb1000br

jb1000br

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/6mmbr/vpost?id=1513157