A Thank You to Alex Wheeler

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by cast1, Aug 19, 2017.

1. cast1

cast1

I would like to say thank you to Mr Alex Wheeler for his advice on a couple of things. I have not spent the first cent with him yet he has been gracious with his time and knowledge.

Some people won't give you their time after you've paid them thousands of dollars, but here's a guy who's helped a total stranger just because of a common interest and because he could.

We need more folks like this in the sport and in general. A encourage anybody needing any work done to give him a shout.

Regards,
    Brian Shepherd MD

2. hoz53

hoz53 Gold $$ Contributor

Youre right about Alex. He has helped me a number of times. I havent forgot that.

3. ShootDots

ShootDots Gold $$ Contributor

I think you will find that the vast majority of people on here are like Alex. Most are willing to help any way they can. That is why this Forum draws such a wide berth!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  4. Rushty

Rushty Silver $$ Contributor

I live in OZ so I can't spend any $$ through him but that hasn't stopped him giving me free advice through PMs and on this site about the BRA that I'm building. Generous fellow..

5. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

I assume you've checked out his YouTube videos? If anyone hasnt, the videos are well worth your time. He is an excellent source of knowledge that is more than willing to share. Ive met many gunsmiths who hold their cards close to their chest out of fear that others will use their methods or for the simple fact that they want to feel superior to other less knowledgeable folks. His unselfish nature with openly and freely sharing his knowledge and experience is a welcome addition to this site and to the entire shooting world :)

6. Sniper338

Sniper338

Ive chatted with alex on the side.. great guy

7. Roger Johnson

Roger Johnson Gold $$ Contributor

I've not met Alex in person yet, but decided to have him build a 6BR AI just by reading his inputs to this site and discussions via phone and email. I believe Alex "lives" in the precision details and that is where mechanical accuracy is created.

Dave Way likes this.
  8. Pappy42

Pappy42 Gold $$ Contributor

Does what he says he's going to do. My kind of man.

Dave Way and Lone Hunter like this.
  9. BOB LEE SWAGGER

BOB LEE SWAGGER Silver $$ Contributor

Don't forget to thank Larry. He taught everyone that ever shot at Manatee + he has done more for shooting than anyone one (his words).

10. kountryboy2

kountryboy2

:eek::D

11. kountryboy2

kountryboy2

I bet Alex's word is as good as a 30 page contract.

12. nakneker

nakneker Gold $$ Contributor

I've never met Alex but I've always been impressed with his willingness to share his time and resources for the betterment of others. I'm currently doing my first project with him, a 25x47L light barreled hunting rifle, he has been very easy and good to work with.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    RSchatz likes this.
  13. savagedasher

savagedasher

You will never meet a nicer guy then Alex . He will do is best work possible . We talked Thursday . Not much was said about guns but we had a great talk about shooting .
    Told him I had two new shooters that I had comeing for the first gong shoot at the new 600 yd range.
    Found we have a probable problem . We only have 16 benches and everyone was full . Several of the normal shooters weren't there .
    Alex does fine gun work . Larry

Dave Way likes this.
  14. dedeadeye

dedeadeye Gold $$ Contributor

Can't say enough about Alex as a man and honest person. He gives more of himself to this accuracy game/ sport then anyone I Have met in 40+ years of competition. His work is always flawless and I recommend him highly. This past Saturday at the Williamsport 1000 Yard match, I had a number of shooters ask about him for contact information. While I have not as yet met him personally, I feel like I have as we talk accuracy often. He also chambered my record setting 1000 yard light gun. I consider him a personal friend as nothing is to much trouble.

Roger Gower

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    Dave Way, ridgeway and kountryboy2 like this.
  15. Raythemanroe

Raythemanroe Bullet Whisperer Silver $$ Contributor

Wheeler is not resting on his laurels, he is always trying to pioneer and test for more accuracy. I find myself on the same page as him on what works for precision accuracy for the most part.

Ray

simo hayha, Dave Way and wzee like this.
  16. dminn1

dminn1

Great looking trio of rifles. That blue and grey camo stock looks awesome.

17. Al Lu

Al Lu Silver $$ Contributor

Guys, it is the advises from these dedicated groups of fanatic shooters, that give me one more reasons to upgrade my membership to Gold when my time comes up!

Dave Way, Mulligan and boltfluter like this.
  18. Ajax141

Ajax141 Silver $$ Contributor

I've read Alex's many posts and have benefited greatly from them. I'm hoping to do some business with him in the future.

ledward and Dave Way like this.
  19. Stan Taylor

Stan Taylor Gold $$ Contributor

Alex is definitely a go getter for sure he's pretty sharp.

20. Toddmack

Toddmack

Hey Alex, it seems you have a great reputaion. If ever put out the cash to build a custom you'll probably be at the top of the list. I've also learned some tidbits from your postings here.