A question for ELR enthusiasts

Discussion in 'ELR, Ballistics & Bullets Board' started by johnfred1965, Dec 6, 2017.

1. MRogersII

MRogersII Silver $$ Contributor

Another, perhaps minor, detail that I have learned along the way is this. Aquiring a rangefinder that will consistently, accurately range random objects at 16 to 17 + is not cheap either.

milanuk likes this.
  2. Esoteric Junkie

Esoteric Junkie

Get yourself a WWII optical range finder made by Barr & Stroud or Wild. It will range much further than you can shoot with a shoulder fired rifle.

EJ

3. mongo chicago

mongo chicago

I don't think the 50 is the only answer to ELR shooting. Many ranges won't even allow 50 BMGs on them. Adam Kodra of WI. shot his custom 416 Barrett at 4,752 yards and hit a 49" steel plate.

Attached Files:

4. dkhunt14

dkhunt14

How comes the plates are back to back with no space between. How do you know what he was aiming at or how many shots he took? Matt

5. johnfred1965

johnfred1965 Silver $$ Contributor

Did he hit that on the first shot?

6. wi50

wi50 Silver $$ Contributor

Makes me want to get my new 416-G chambering finished for testing as soon as I can. Hopefully by March it'll be up and running.

7. mongo chicago

mongo chicago

The side plates are plywood and were there just to aid in sighting in. It took several shots and then he hit the next 3. I was there when he did it.