.925 Silver S&W grips no longer for sale

Discussion in 'Guns, Actions, Stocks, & Barrels' started by atombomb, Sep 19, 2019.

Trader History (73)
  1. atombomb

atombomb Silver $$ Contributor

I'm not sure where to price these.... they are probably 30-40 years old and came of my dads polished snub nose S&W he had on display. I found this pair online, but I think that's way overpriced https://www.ebay.com/itm/Smith-and-...and-14kt-Rose-Gold-Silver-Grips-/231963266607

These are excellent, have the screw, yes they have some patina, but I didn't want to chance damaging them... they look great since he never carried this gun, and only have a few small marks from being stored and moved around. IMG_2138.jpg IMG_2140.jpg

2. jnm300ultra

jnm300ultra

What a piece of artwork. Try and get your dad’s S&W and install the grips, where they belong. That’s something you will always remember. Maybe I need to get a S&W myself and install the grips.
    Good luck with the grips.

Jason

tweavfsps and mikeinct like this.
  3. mikeinct

mikeinct

You can't let those grips [or the S&W] out of your family. mike in ct

tweavfsps likes this.
  4. tweavfsps

tweavfsps Silver $$ Contributor

I can’t agree more with last 2 comments. These should never leave your family. They need displayed in your house, then your kids and so on. These keep the memory of your father forever.

I am lucky enough to own the original Thomas Lee Weavers gun from the WW. He died the day before his 21st birthday in Libby prison camp. Without this gun in my family he would have been long ago forgotten.

mikeinct likes this.
  5. tweavfsps

tweavfsps Silver $$ Contributor

CD85A840-09E0-46B4-894E-FDA4D80326E3.jpeg

mikeinct and atombomb like this.
  6. atombomb

The gun disappeared years ago and I found the grips in a box... so there's not a lot of sentimental value to me... but if I do keep them, I'll find a polished smith and engrave it to put them on, but I don't have kids... so I'll need to find something to do with all of the family masonic stuff also

7. mikeinct

mikeinct

Please tell us something about your father & his revolver. That is a unique set of grips & must have some story with it. mike in ct

8. atombomb

He was a career policeman/detective and then head of the DA's economic crime office.... a master craftsman and very talented woodworker, builder, clock/watch builder/restorer, we restored old Corvettes when I was in high school. There wasn't much he couldn't do very well, and no one he wouldn't take time to help if they were in need. We had some close family friends from Mexico and would go down there and visit in the 70's and he probably picked them up then. He then became sick in his late 40s and as his mind and motor skills deteriorated, many things disappeared from his collection of stuff. Yeah... people that claimed to be his friends, suck :( He passed away 5 years ago, the day before my birthday which is coming up. The memories for me are the big thing, and for the few things like this, I'll get more enjoyment knowing that they are actually being used by someone, not just sitting in a box. And thank you for asking...

mikeinct likes this.
  9. mikeinct

mikeinct

No Thank you for sharing, My Dad died at 40 years of age. His best buddy Butch the cop who lived next door. passed not long after. I Treasure every tool they touched. Please don't part with any of your Dad's stuff till you let a few years or decades pass. mike in ct

atombomb likes this.
  10. IdahoSharpshooter

IdahoSharpshooter Gold $$ Contributor

I would say to sell it, but a week later you will have spent the money on something of lesser value to you, and six months later the $$$ and whatever you lusted after so much will both be gone.

mikeinct and atombomb like this.