7mm Remington Magnum reduced loading

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by KiloTrooper, Apr 1, 2019.

1. daleboy

daleboy Silver $$ Contributor

No filler needed ...only adds one more variable,that can get dangerous if done incorrectly.

Intheshop likes this.
  2. Webphut

Webphut

Ok here is some stuff I found for reduced loads for the 7mm Remington Magnum.

http://globalsportsman.com/full-art...ctive-loads-mels--for-young-shooters--hunters

Attached Files:

KiloTrooper likes this.
  3. Webphut

Webphut

I have a few more, but not letting me upload for some reason.

4. MihiT

MihiT

Corn meal was another old-timey recommendation for filling cases.

5. Webphut

Webphut

If you go to loaddata.com, they have many reduced loads.

6. centerlineseal

centerlineseal

Rained all weekend, ... no new data.

7. AckleymanII

AckleymanII Silver $$ Contributor

I tried using the Dacron filler, spiked pressures tremendously! There is a learning curve associated with the Dacron and reduced loads relating to the 7 Mag, IMR 4064, 140's, and standard 9 1/2 primers. I had trouble getting the bolt open on a couple of shells. I went to magnum primers and all issues were solved.

8. Rdlningcltchdmpr

Rdlningcltchdmpr Silver $$ Contributor

I can tell you that the best combo bullet/ powder is 110ttsx barnes . Remember light bullet's kick a lot less. And for powder i recommend 5744. It is so good at reduced loads , it's the best. I have used it in many cartridges with light bullet's and where no load data exists i just load around 60% case capacity for top speed , and less if you want lower speed. If you look at all the load data that is available. You will see the top loads with light bullet's are usually around 60% case capacity. It has worked great for me with no excessive pressure signs yet and i have tried many.

9. farmerjohn

farmerjohn Gold $$ Contributor

This is good advice, been there done this and it works, 5744 is great stuff for this sort of thing...

Rdlningcltchdmpr likes this.
  10. murray brook

murray brook Silver $$ Contributor

175 gr Hornady Spt, CCI-250 , 40 grs of IMR-4064. Friend of mine uses this reduced load and really likes it. From Ken Waters Pet Loads Vol- 1.