WANTED 700 Bottom Metal

Discussion in 'Guns, Actions, Stocks, & Barrels' started by xswanted, Dec 7, 2019.

Trader History (13)
  1. xswanted

xswanted Gold $$ Contributor

Hi guys and gals,

I’m looking for the floor plate, box, follower and spring for a 700 SA in .223.

Its proving a little harder to find than I thought and I figured I would throw a line out here if someone has a used set laying around.

Condition doesn’t matter as long as its functional.

Thank you!

2. oldman1951

oldman1951

3. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Don't criticize the farmer with your mouth full. Gold $$ Contributor

xswanted likes this.
  4. xswanted

5. sw282

sw282

They are out there XS. l fell into a barreled action 223Rem 700 Varmint back in July. No bolt, stock, or bottom metal tho... Larry here on the Forum had a brand NEW SA 223Rem bolt.. Unbelievably the bolt fit... Jarrett Rifles checked it with their Go/NoGo gauge... Prefect fit!!! That says a lot for modern Remington Machining.. The barreled action was from 2010. Bolt came off a NEW 700 purchased last year... Next was to find a good stock for this action... Diligent searching paid off with an HS Precision takeoff stock from a 308 Police/M24 gun... Perfect fit also!!
    Last and Hardest item to find was a SA BDL floorplate/bottom metal.. l finally located on in Canada off the net.. These little gems are priced like they're made of GOLD and scarce as hens teeth... Mine finally came.. lt had a 308 follower and spring and no magazine box. Lucky for me l had a follower and magazine box from a 223Rem 700 that had been to single shot awhile back... Patience Sir, Patience ..

xswanted likes this.
  6. natdscott

natdscott P100, HM, DR, experienced beginner. Gold $$ Contributor

Sunny Hill doesn’t have any?

Brownell’s?

7. xswanted

I ended up ordering some from Redhawk.

was hoping to find it cheaper but it is what it is!

Thank you

8. Pvt.Joker

Pvt.Joker

Remingtons are all back ordered as of last week.
    Short action parts are going for a premium lately as a lot of folks are building M40 series rifles.
    eBay has a few but most folks want an arm and a leg for them.
    Most if not all need to be stripped of the textured matte surface and epoxy paint or have the parts anodized like the buttplate.
    Good luck on your quest !

xswanted likes this.