700 ADL. TACTICAL 6.5 Creedmore?

Discussion in 'Big Stuff--7mm, 30 Cal, .338+' started by Bluetip, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Bluetip

Bluetip

Just a question for anyone who may have any knowledge of this rifle. It has 24 inch barrel, but what gets me, is the models that I see else where, have the Houge, rubber overmolded stock, this one has molded plastic stick, with rubber inlets at the pistol grip, and for end.
    Any reviews, or comments?

2. Bluetip

Bluetip

Just a side note, to the above inquiry, they have the same rifle, in .308, with a 10 twist, 20 inch barrel. I'm sure the trigger would have to go, but the stock seems to be a little stiffer then the SPS, varmint rifle.

3. BP1

BP1 Team Texas F-TR Silver $$ Contributor

It’s probably the hoge stock not bad..but I have a buddy that has the 308 version in a xlr stock and it shoots pretty darn good and feels good

4. dryhumor

dryhumor When an old man dies, a library is lost forever...

5. BoilerUP

BoilerUP

The 700 ADL Tactical is a Dick's Sporting Goods (Field & Stream) exclusive rifle...24" 6.5 Creedmoor or 20" 308 in a plastic tupperware stock. I was told by a guy at my local store they also had a 223 ADL Tactical but conveniently he didn't have a catalog or know how to look in the computer to give me the SKU for it.

It is NOT a 700 SPS Tactical that comes in a Hogue stock...IMO it is better, because they come with threaded barrels and are $500ish which means more money to put toward a better stock or chassis.

6. Bluetip

Bluetip

BoilerUP,
    Thanks for the reply, if you google, ADL, TACTICAL, it will show a pic, and further an the page, it talks about the 6.5 version. I've been tossing around the idea, for a short, super accurate, tree stand friendly rifle. Well, saw the TACTICAL model in Dicks, one in .308, the other, in 6.5 Creedmore. On another thread, in this forum, I asked about one versus the other, meaning 308, 6.5. . Well the 6.5 came to the top, which I'm excited about. That's the caliber, I'm going with. Just wondered if anyone has experience with it. Even at 24 inches, it still seems and feels usable, in my tree blinds, and ladder stands.

A.K.wanabe likes this.
  7. A.K.wanabe

A.K.wanabe

Just purchased the 700 ADL in 6.5,shoots very well for the price trigger is adjustable for pull.

8. A.K.wanabe

A.K.wanabe

Bluetip,
    I'm somewhat new in the long range world 4 years maybe, I purchased the 700 ADL tactical in 6.5 and will also be using it in the tree stands and my bench rest over looks 600yds of hunting area. I really like the creedmore so far, 12 shots so far (only 6 to zero) and two 3shot groups 1/2" and 1 inch.

9. grovey

grovey Silver $$ Contributor

My Take,
    I bought a used 700 ADL sporter a few months back. I intended to load for the rifle, but soon found out that even with the shorter 6.5 case I was still 0.060 (2.860) over .308 mag length to reach the lands with a 140 gr Amax bullet. Even though I would mostly be single feeding the gun, I couldn't get over the fact that I also had alot of bullet in the case. I sold the rifle, and bought a Tikka t3x lite.

With the Tikka I got a better mousetrap. It's lighter with the same 24" bbl. It has a better trigger, a side bolt release, butter smooth action, and in this rifle I now reach the lands @ 2.917 with the same bullet, and my mag is very generous at 2.974. Now I can feed anything from the mag AND I have more capacity for powder to push it. Win - Win...

Bc'z likes this.
  10. Pinkes

Pinkes

Mine shoots 1'' @300m and 2 other friends bought the same with great results aswell.

11. A.K.wanabe

A.K.wanabe

Pinkes,
    Was that with the factory trigger or with some adjustments? Mine was 6lbs out of the box but very crisp! I also have Tikka 300wm and shooting the 6.5 is much more enjoyable.

12. A.K.wanabe

A.K.wanabe

My out of box trigger was 6 lbs easily adjusted to 3.5 and very crisp! I put a Burris Eliminator III 4 -12 and shot at 400 yds and had to change the programmed drop # to 204 at 750 yds. It seems to be right now .I'm shooting factory federal non typical loads 140 gr at 2750mv.

13. nockhunter

nockhunter

Rem 700 ADL tactical FDE (flat dark earth) I got a .223 from Bud's for $330, threaded muzzle 1:9 twist.

Mike

14. A.K.wanabe

A.K.wanabe

Wow great price! My stock is the same,seems to be sticky in the hands its supposed to be pillar bedded not sure about that. I ranged a raccoon in a corn field at 220 shot it dead center on the shoulder never moved, something very strange happened the 140 gr Nontypical Federal bullet did not pass through on a raccoon!these rounds are sold as a whitetail hunting load! Any thoughts on that? The Burris ranging scope and program is dead on so far.

15. fourpower

fourpower

cabelas had some Remington ADL in 6.5 creedmoor with 26in heavy varmit barrels for 399.99. we got 10 of them and adjusted the triggers and lapped the barrels and everyone of them shot half minute of angle out to 1000yds.most shot 1/4 in at 100yds. we used 140gr bergers in all of them!

16. A.K.wanabe

A.K.wanabe

I had a chance to check Burris scope program at 400 with federal nontypical 140gr soft points ( cheap) and had two shots 1 inch 7 inches rt. (windy) the vertical drop was perfect. two more shots that were way high, need to get the 140 bergers I guess. The scope program seems to be dead on.

17. Shiyfire

Shiyfire

I picked up one of those as well but have not shot it yet,i hope to very soon .