6mm Creedmoor STRESS

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by hillbillydruggist, Feb 13, 2020 at 9:00 PM.

1. hillbillydruggist

hillbillydruggist

I recently order a RAP 6mm Creedmoor, UPS lost it,(dealer got it a month later.)
    I ordered Hornady black box ammo, one was dented(they replaced the whole box)
    After the second shot the magazine broke(they replaced it)
    I bought a LEE 3 piece die set, got a stuck case on pin(they said would replace for free for $4.50 handling plus shipping)
    I ordered metal replacement latch for magazine(on the way)
    I ordered new Lyman 2 die set(couldn't resize black box brass,small primer)
    I ordered #50 Hornady large primer brass(resized new brass, rifle won't eject and won't resize once fired)
    I ordered a tipton bore guide, was broke (returned it)

any advice? LOL

and if anybody wants to make an offer on a new Lyman 6mm Creedmoor 2 dies set and a new LEE 3 die set missing a expander/deprime pin and a new Lyman 6mm case checker(I AM TOTALLY SERIOUS, JUST PM ME A REASONABLE OFFER AND I WILL SHIP FOR FREE)

thanks!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020 at 10:23 PM
  2. Rdlningcltchdmpr

Rdlningcltchdmpr Gold $$ Contributor

I'm not alone after all. Ha !

3. hillbillydruggist

hillbillydruggist

do you also have problems with the brass?

4. Rdlningcltchdmpr

I will never use hornady brass again. They talk the talk but not walk the walk. On quality control.

5. bozo699

bozo699 Gold $$ Contributor

I take flack for saying sometimes but I stand by it,...... if I can’t buy Lapua brass I won’t build it!.... I have guns I can’t get Lapua brass for and I use other brass but for years now on a new build I build it with Lapua brass of some kind it mind!...
    Wayne

iron308, dmoran, 338 dude and 3 others like this.
  6. hillbillydruggist

hillbillydruggist

Y’all think it’s just the hornady brass? I mean i know how to reload, but i am so confused! Idoes 6mm Creedmoor have some unusual traits that i am not aware of?

7. mike a

mike a 6BR Rocks Gold $$ Contributor

I wouldn't waste any money on lottery tickets this week.

8. Bill Norris

Bill Norris Silver $$ Contributor

Same here Bro. Tried about every brand out there and none will compare to Lapua for me. I couldn't get Lapua for my 25-06 but I went the long way around and got 100 of the 30-06. Took my time necking them down and turning the thick necks but it was worth the effort no doubt.

hillbillydruggist and bozo699 like this.
  9. bozo699

No!..... poor guy couldn’t catch a break for sure!...
    Wayne

hillbillydruggist and mike a like this.
  10. bozo699

There are other good brass out there but I build with Lapua in mind. I use RWS in my .300 win mag very very good quality brass
    In my .338 .378 I ise Norma brass and it’s pretty goos, primer pockets are soft but it’s a tack driver! And I’ve used some Nosler which I believe Norma makes that’s not too bad.
    Wayne

11. Rdlningcltchdmpr

Hornady bad.

338 dude and hillbillydruggist like this.
  12. hillbillydruggist

hillbillydruggist

Does anyone have a suggestion for quality brand of loaded ammo that would have good brass? I do like the rifle and it does shoot good

bozo699 likes this.
  13. jimcasey01

jimcasey01 Silver $$ Contributor

The 30-30 has been around for 125 years, that tells us something. Pretty much stress free usage. No good for 1000 yards but still in use. Oh yow, in the movies they did many 1000 yard shots with iron sites.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020 at 11:19 PM
    hillbillydruggist likes this.
  14. Rdlningcltchdmpr

I just looked at midway , they have many good choice's. Noz- rem- fed- berg- ect ect.

15. bozo699

just asking , why do you want factory ammo?
    Why not build your own?
    Wayne

Bc'z and hillbillydruggist like this.
  16. hillbillydruggist

hillbillydruggist

I would really like to. Thats why i purchase the gun. But i am just apprehensive , because i tried two different Types of hornady and I couldn’t resize either

17. hillbillydruggist

hillbillydruggist

I thought i could buy a box of another brand and shoot a few and try to reload them and if I couldn’t I would still have loaded ammo yo shoot

18. bozo699

granted Hornady brass isn’t the best but I’m thinking you had a lube problem or something I’ve never had any problems resizing it I just don’t like there inconsistencies. Buy some Nosler brass and build yourself a nice load. Or get some .308 Lapua or 7-08 and make some creedmoor brass you can do it my friend .
    I have been having good luck in my 7-08 with Nosler brass and Nosler produces creedmoor brass
    Wayne

19. Rsadams

Rsadams

Federal Gold medal match for factory ammo.... I loaded some Hornady brass once and threw them away after the first firing...

20. hillbillydruggist

hillbillydruggist

What if i cleaned out the die real good, took out decapping pin, lubed up case with synthetic motor oil. My reasoning was that it would seem almost impossible to get stuck? Right? I can only get the cases down to about 1/2 inch from shell holder now.