6Bra versus 6mm Dasher

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by Stan Taylor, Mar 26, 2020.

1. SPJ

SPJ Gold $$ Contributor

Could you translate this into Farmboy please :D

2. Joe Salt

Joe Salt Silver $$ Contributor

Well guys I hope we all get to try out are new toys. I'm trying a new stock out this year to see if that has been my problem. I also have always thought that the guy with a great chamber job is going to be right at the top of his game. Just hope it's not my loading. Jim my eye surgery was canceled so don't get down on yourself about your eyes we will be good to go for many years GOD WILLING.

Joe Salt

Stan Taylor and Mulligan like this.
  3. Northridge

Northridge

Success is "developed" not "given" shooting to a smaller resolution than your last best requires the same resolve and open mind. you have to be willing to evolve through pursuit of hands on failures and success. don't just eat peanut butter and jelly just because that is what you have... "fu-- that" jump into the middle of that jelly sandwich, get that shit all over yourself figuring out what makes it spread... get dirty, your kind of dirty may only work for you and that is what really matters but you have to have your eyes wide open & be willing to get dirty.

Shawn Williams

I have learned to blame my ability to tune not the equipment or if my Ford Will run with a Chevy pull the label of manufacture off!!
    Sure, from one farm boy to another, Helena MT, Dillan MT & Kalispel MT all have far more adverse weather more regular than Deep Creek Missoula Mt and hand fulls of mine and others personal best's have been developed at our Local ranges.. the "grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence" was my suggestion. I recommend fertilizing, & watering the grass we actually have to green up our grass. Read the label sure but if the grass resists green up ignore the directions set them aside and develop your own formula that actually green's your grass. Environment or location is very much the same, don't let the range location hold you back.. what a fun pursuit it is nothing better... I love the challenge

Shawn Williams

boyscout, Drop Port, Hoodoo and 2 others like this.
  4. SPJ

SPJ Gold $$ Contributor

Thanks Shawn,
    That clears things up quite well.

Kinda like my signature.:rolleyes:
    J

sqrlgtr, Stan Taylor and Northridge like this.
  5. Stan Taylor

Stan Taylor Gold $$ Contributor

Joe
    You said the magic words God Willing, all of us are at his mercy.
    I envy all of these guys,that spend the amount of effort to try an beat the wind with there nothing less than perfect loads,I do think Alex said it perfectly it's how anal you are in tuning to be perfect, it shows up on game day just like 2 teams at the Super Bowl to see who's the best.
    At my age an handicapps I have I'm happy to get a touchdown ever now an then.

6. johara1

johara1

Stanley, I know where you are coming from bud..... jim

Stan Taylor likes this.
  7. Drop Port

Drop Port Silver $$ Contributor

+1
    Not all reamer are created equal either

Stan Taylor likes this.
  8. Mulligan

Mulligan Gold $$ Contributor

Just tossing this out there.

There have been several fairly significant contributions to accuracy in the last few years. As an example, the LBR stock which includes several seemingly small innovations that combined are rather large.

Is it coincidental that this is the same time period that the BRA has become popular, and made it's place in the world of accuracy.

How much of shooters success and records broken in the last few years is actually due to improvements in equipment? Not trying to take away from the shooters commitment and or dedication, please do not hear me say that. This commitment and dedication has, and will continue to be required when competing at a high level.
    I personally think shooters today have access to better components and equipment than some of the greats of the past. Just something to ponder when comparing records from a decade ago to today.
    CW

9. Stan Taylor

I think today would be a good test for the 6Bra no probably 300wsm today. 20200329_130156_HDR-1.jpg

thekriebles, hpshooter, SPJ and 3 others like this.
  10. Chuckhunter

Chuckhunter Gold $$ Contributor

Looks like it's holding steady, I'd send real quick! :)

11. Dave Way

Dave Way Gold $$ Contributor

I’m glad winds are 25-30 MPH today. I’m waiting for some tighter neck bushings to show up for the next test. It kills me to see great conditions when I’m not able to to shoot, today though, it can blow all it wants!

Dave.

dogdude, Chuckhunter, dmoran and 3 others like this.
  12. Jet

Jet Gold $$ Contributor

Jim

That was farm boy speak

Hoodoo, JMP, Stan Taylor and 2 others like this.
  13. Stan Taylor

Well gentlemen here in West Virginia if they keep changing these mandates I don't think it matters if we shoot a 6 b r a or 6 Dasher or 6brds short it ain't looking good 4 our match programs I hope we get a shoot and compete against each other sick and tired of sitting at the house.

14. Chuckhunter

Chuckhunter Gold $$ Contributor

Stan, back in the day I shot what was called Trans Continental League. It was the honor system, a group of five shooters would take their scores and X counts and submit them Bob Pease who was the director of the league he would assemble the results and post a news letter to all involved. Just wondering if something like that could be done allowing contestants to shoot at a range of there choice, take a picture of the result and submit it to the team leader and in turn sent in to a director for the results to be published on line. We're in uncharted waters here and maybe combining some of the old school with the new technology may allow us to compete on a slightly less formal stage. Sorry, don't know how they got flipped onto their side but you get the idea.

Attached Files:

15. dbduff

dbduff Gold $$ Contributor

postal matches may be the!way we go. Could,be,worse!

16. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market Gold $$ Contributor

There are "some" matches being held but it may come to postal matches, a.) If we're gonna have a full and points paying season of any kind and b.) they are the most responsible way for us to continue to compete, at this time. I was a little worried about both everyone's well being but also liability if matches are held where governors have put limits such as no more than 10 people at a gathering..until I saw that DHS put shooting ranges on the list of "essential businesses." I'm not a lawyer but I would think that would relieve most of the liability from the clubs and sanctioning bodies. This is just from a legal standpoint. Of course, there is the point of just doing the smart thing and if matches are held, being smart about that, too...Like no hand shaking and keeping our distance from one another.

No, I'm not someone who is scared of my shadow and I do think this whole thing is being over hyped..to a degree. But, with many participants that either are themselves of the most vulnerable or, have family that is..along with this stuff not showing symptoms for maybe a couple of weeks after being infectious, it stands to reason that erring to the side of caution is a rational way to go.

I have a match scheduled(as of now) for next weekend and I'm undecided but leaning toward not going. Not so much for corona as I have other things that I need to do, but admittedly, I'd probably push a little harder to get everything done that needs done if it weren't for being a little on the fence, torn between being responsible and the very tiny chance that there would be any problem. I would have a hard time knowing that one or several got this stuff because we wanted to shoot that bad. Don't get me wrong...I would have no problem with anyone holding the match or anyone attending. It's a personal decision and we all just have to weigh it out ourselves. I think if we all weight it out with this kind of consideration, we are being responsible and, for better or worse, we know the risks. It's like have insurance. You generally don't buy it because you think you'll need it on a given day but rather, the cost if you don't have it when you need it. I'm not worried about me...I'm more worried about others or bringing it back to my dad who is fighting lung cancer. There are no certainties, at this point.

Sorry for rambling on. Just my thoughts pouring out a bit. I may shoot but at this point, I doubt I will. I think many others feel like I do, fwiw.

Hoodoo, Johnny Tjioe, Ccrider and 2 others like this.
  17. Ccrider

Ccrider Gold $$ Contributor

Kind of hard to ignore what’s going on in New York. And 500+ US deaths today. And 3100+ US deaths so far. And this thing is just getting started. Plus, we all know the guberment can’t count worth a d___n.
    Stay home if you can. Stay safe.
    Charles

Chuckhunter likes this.
  18. bcarico

bcarico Silver $$ Contributor

I’ve shot both Dasher and BRA. To me it is easier to keep the BRA in tune and it doesn’t throw shots as bad when out of tune as a Dasher. They’ll both shoot little in tune.

Brandon

19. Stan Taylor

Dave
    What neck are you running now an how tight of bushings are you waiting on I may have what ya need.

20. alleycat

alleycat

That was way back in "the day" ,in the late 70's I bought most all of my BR shooting supplies from Bob at his shop.We also shot in the postal matches in central Tx..

Chuckhunter likes this.