6BRA Ladder Test with/wo Tuner

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by BartsBullets, Jan 25, 2018.

1. BartsBullets

BartsBullets Gold $$ Contributor

[​IMG]
    Shot this ladder test today at 100 yards. I did it with a twist ie 3 shot groups instead of 1 shot.

I also ran the test with a tuner on the barrel and then without (bottom target). All I changed was powder.

What do you think!

billlarson likes this.
  2. kyreloader

kyreloader Gold $$ Contributor

3. 22DASHER

22DASHER Gold $$ Contributor

31.6 w/no tuner is where it’s at for me! Stretch it out tomorrow and let us know how it does. :D

Ghansen and BartsBullets like this.
  4. R.Morehouse

R.Morehouse Gold $$ Contributor

I think 30.6 has the barrel exiting in the same place & with the ES of 1 using the tuner i would play with it there ( the tuner ) if you are OK with the speed...

5. Mulligan

Mulligan Gold $$ Contributor

For long range i would say 30.5 is looking friendly and deserves another look. For short range, I’m tagging in to learn.
    I know nothing about tuners!
    CW

6. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

Why did you only shoot one shot at the 31.6 on the bottom row?? Trouble counting? Did the pooch call your name about then? o_O

Tom

kneedtospeed and Mulligan like this.
  7. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market

31.6 and move the tuner. What I'm saying is, try 31.6 with the tuner and tune it to shoot small by moving the tuner..but we're comparing apples to oranges. Node looks widest of all, at 30.5 with tuner.
    Did you re-adjust the scope when you took the tuner off? I'm looking at poi also.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
    R.Morehouse likes this.
  8. Mulligan

Mulligan Gold $$ Contributor

Dang it Tom, its distracting with both hands on the bra!
    CW

9. BartsBullets

Yeah That was a good one. But .2 more and it went to Hell!

10. BartsBullets

Why does the comment, “Tom, put on your BRA and go shoot!” Come to mind!

kneedtospeed and WyleWD like this.
  11. Willow

Willow

With H4895, absolutely, that's where I run mine at and she bugholes.

12. BartsBullets

I’m thinking 30.5 30.6 shot great but 30.8 is CRAP! So not to get too close to the edge.

But 31.6 is tempting!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  13. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

I'm thinking 31.8 must have crossed the line for pressure. It's too bad because the nodes are following the 3% rule pretty darn close. It's funny the nodes are the same distance apart with and without the tuner. And in the same spot even.

Tom

Mulligan and BartsBullets like this.
  14. Northridge

Northridge

well my take comparing both ladders is this for long Range work. the tuner in my experience is less volatile when there is a vertical blow up vs non tuner but what i gain and these targets are re enforcing is this in regard to the tuner ladder, what you gain in loss of vertical dispersion shows up on the other side in the form of horizontal sensitivity or stringing, the tuner will dampen barrel compensation making a tune look broader but is less willing at distance to shoot extra small as the non tuner application will give. non tuner reads for me as follows more volatile in vertical dispersion blow ups when in the wrong spot but has a powder ladder trend i like to see for 1000 yard work. i would choose none of those charges for 1000 yards but a dissection of a couple. these are great Ladders and explain a lot to me.

Shawn Williams

Jet, dmoran and BartsBullets like this.
  15. BartsBullets

Yes I did readjust the scope when I took the tuner off. The first shot with the tuner off hit about .5 higher then where it was printing with it on.

16. Northridge

Northridge

they change the shape and response of the frequency simple as that Alex, those ladders are very different how subtle they may be but they are very different. i would agree that it has a narrower ability in my experience at distance but at short range can be more beneficial. we still have very little idea exactly what is going on with the tuner not being in play from a matter a fact perspective.

Shawn Williams

dmoran likes this.
  17. Northridge

Northridge

how who thought they worked? the masses ? not at all my thoughts but it appears we agree some how Lol..

Shawn Williams

PS I read lots of shit on theory or fact that doesn't line up with my real life results..

18. Curious

Curious

Can we really read anything into this when the ladder was shot at 100yds?

19. dmoran

dmoran Gold $$ Contributor

My input, based from my own experience, if that test was a "shoot through @ 100/1000", the 1000yd POI's would likely tell a different story, as well as yield more obvious results. With vertical dispersion being the significant difference to why.
    Donovan

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    WyleWD and Mulligan like this.
  20. gunsandgunsmithing

gunsandgunsmithing The best tuners and wind flags on the market

Vibration analysis proves that you are inded, wrong. I won't debate that as, there is no point. It is a FACT that they lower frequency.