6 PPC brass

Discussion in '6PPC, 6-6.5x47, 6XC, 6 Rem, 243' started by PRR1957, Aug 31, 2017.

1. PRR1957

PRR1957

I am purchasing a Sako Vixen single shot pistol chambered in 6 PPC USA from a friend who has never shot it. He has had it for 10 years and all of the brass is corroded so I need new brass for it. My question is, does any one other than Norma make factory cases for 6 PPC USA ?

2. potatoe

potatoe Silver $$ Contributor

Not that I'm aware of.

3. Clancy

Clancy

never mind I was wrong.

4. Mega

Mega

How about Sako 22 PPC USA factory cases and expand the necks.

The box I did doesn't seem too bad but it's only been fired once so far.

5. R.Morehouse

R.Morehouse Gold $$ Contributor

I would be sure of the chamber neck and get some ready to FF from Hoehn cut to size. The brass will last you a very long time.....You should get the " perfect " stuff the 1st time.

Best Regards
    Rick

6. PRR1957

PRR1957

The chamber is cut for 6 PPC USA and I am always compelled to turn the necks, that's if they would need it. I don't want the necks expanding any more then necessary when firing them. I"m just going to have to bite the bullet and buy 100 Norma cases from Midway or Brownells. $100.00. Ugh.

Just out of curiosity. If I were to start with Lapua, 220 Russian cases, how thick would the case neck be after sizing up .243 on average ?

7. Mega

Mega

Just started on a new batch of 100 Lapua 220 Russian Cases. Using a KM 6mm Expander Mandrel they are coming out at 0.014 - 0.0145" over the first half dozen or so. Yet to run them through a FLS Die, then trim and turn.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  8. mr.big

mr.big

bullets.com had the Norma 6PPC cases in 25 count boxes a couple weeks back,you might check and see if they still in stock

9. mr.big

mr.big

10. WyleWD

WyleWD Silver $$ Contributor

Midway shows Norma 6ppc in stock also. WD

11. snert

snert Gold $$ Contributor

How corroded? Might be worth boiling 2 gallon of water, tossing in a pint of cider vinegar and a pint of lemon juice, a dab (like a tenth of a teaspoon) of dish soap into one gallon and toss your brass in it, swirl with a wooden stick for 2-3 minutes, then dump thru sieve. Then dump brass into 2nd pot of boiling water, dump thru sieve again and then brass into a towel, wrap up the ends of the towel, swing it about rolling the brass in the towel, then set em out to dry.

Might be happy with your results. Just saying

12. PRR1957

PRR1957

Thanks for all of your responses.

mr.big If I have to buy new brass, I'll try ordering from bullets.com. That will save enough $ for a box of bullets.

snert I'll try your suggestion with the brass cases. I also play bass guitar and have been boiling my used bass guitar strings for years with just dish soap, but I'll try your formula on the strings also.