6 BRA

Discussion in '6BR, 6BR Improved & Wildcats' started by Curious, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Curious

Curious

Guys,

Is there a definitive 6BRA reamer print? if so would someone please share it with me?

If I was to also get a resize reamer ground at the same time for die making then how much should it differ and in what areas exactly?

Many thanks. :)

2. johara1

johara1

les send me a PM with your cell # and I will send it to you Jim

3. Curious

Curious

Sorry Jim, Im not Les but you can still send it anyway ;)

skiper likes this.
  4. Curious

Curious

Thank you Alex, do you have any thoughts on a resize reamer?, if not then which do you feel are the most suitable dies to ensure correct case sizing?

Many thanks :)

5. Geno C

Geno C

Check with whidden on the dies. Alex said in another post that he sent them the info to get dies to match his reamer. Then you're all set

6. Mulligan

Mulligan Gold $$ Contributor

Alex,
    Is this the same reamer specs that have been used in setting the 4 or 5 records lately?
    CW

Rushty likes this.
  7. Rushty

Rushty Gold $$ Contributor

Harrels Dasher D3 FL Bushing Die shortened .080" is what most are using to size and a Wilson Dasher inline seating Die does the job for seating.

Cheers Rushty

8. Doug Beach

Doug Beach Silver $$ Contributor

I'm not able to view Alex's reamer print. Says I don't have permission.
    What gives??

9. 22DASHER

22DASHER Gold $$ Contributor

Just call JGS and tell them what you are looking for. They will email a print to you.

10. Doug Beach

They will not provide Alex's print, as it is not available for public release, at least this is what they told me a few months ago. They did provide other BRA prints, I'm just curious about Alex's.

11. Judd

Judd

Call JGS and tell them you want the 6BR AI JL...johara helped me with it after Alex brushed me off.

In Alex's defense I gave those guys a lot of crap about marketing the brai as the second coming of a cartridge that was tried years ago. I thought it was all in fun but evidently some struck a nerve. I was going to try one but a few folks here in Texas having troubles getting them to work/tune. I know of three and they know how to tune a barrel and can't get consistent results. I bailed on the project and stuck to my brx and dasher.

Good luck.

12. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

I didn't brush you off. I don't share any of my reamer prints, I have some good reasons why. I answer reamer dimension questions all the time in PM or email if you have a specific question. I think I share enough that I am allowed to keep a couple things to myself? This is the internet, I dont take it personal and honestly the BRA "controversy" was kind of fun :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    Grimstod, CaptainMal, Jet and 2 others like this.
  13. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

The BRA is real simple. Take your favorite numbers for a 6br and just have them put a 40 degree shoulder on it with a .460-.461 shoulder diameter. Thats all it is. A Harrell's D3 with .085" cut off the bottom is still my preferred die. They have sold a pile of them and will know exactly what you want. I do recommend asking for .085" cut off rather than .080" like I used to because some presses or shell holders seem to be borderline at .080". They will ask your the neck diameter of your chamber when you order, so know that when you call.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    comagutsa likes this.
  14. Stan Taylor

Stan Taylor

Well if someone has a print that doesn't want someone else to have I would just ask for a dasher print an make your own changes to it .

15. Doug Beach

It's not a big deal, I pretty much know what I want. I was just curious about Alex's print, and I don't know why I can't view it.

16. Nature Boy

Nature Boy

I have a question regarding reamer prints. I'm new to this so bear with me

I have a 6BRA in the works and the JGS reamer print sitting in front of me.

I see the neck dimension = 0.2725"

Is the freebore the same as the lead? If so, it looks like mine is 0.1100"

17. 22DASHER

22DASHER Gold $$ Contributor

Guys no need to get your undies in a wad as it’s not rocket science. These cases have been around for years and virtually every variation will work.... 99% of them are so close to the exact same (Unless you want to neck turn or shoot lighter bullets), that you wouldn’t even know or be able to shoot the difference.

Mine is the same as many others... .100 fb, .461 at the shoulder, .4714 at the .200 line, .272 for no turn, .268 for a tight neck, .244 fb diameter.

DBLNUT likes this.
  18. Judd

Judd

It's the number right above that one...on my JGS reamer print it's U&V where the lead is T&V.

Alex - I've got no axe to grind...but if a smith told me I couldn't have a reamer print for a chamber he'd cut for me it would be the last one he'd cut. Sounds like your guys are a lot more understanding of your new policy or you've lost customers and might not even know it. Good luck!

g.ross, Stan Taylor and ASbobcat like this.
  19. ASbobcat

ASbobcat

Amen brother !

Stan Taylor likes this.
  20. Hoodoo

Hoodoo Silver $$ Contributor

"I don't want to argue, but I'm going to throw in one last jab." :eek::eek:

6.5creed, swd and Stan Taylor like this.