500M Fly Shoot, final for 2019

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by mikecockcroft, Sep 23, 2019.

1. mikecockcroft

mikecockcroft

The final 500M Fly Shoot of 2019 will be October 19 at Pine Valley Benchrest Range in Huntsville, TX
    Shooter of the Year will be awarded a new Rock Creek 6mm barrel donated by Travis Frazer owner of Field and Cave Outfitters.
    Want to thank Terry and Debbi Pohl, owners of Twisted Oak Benchrest Range in Hallettsville for donating to the prize money for the September shoot.
    Attached are results from the September Fly Shoot, the Entry form for the October shoot and the rules.
    Mike

Attached Files:

2. mikecockcroft

mikecockcroft

Sam and Joe Duke, brothers who put on the Utopia Shoot Out on their ranch in Utopia Tx have donated $200.00 to the payout at the October Fly Shoot.
    Thank you Sam and Joe.

3. johnnyi

johnnyi Gold $$ Contributor

Wow that is awesome Sam and Joe!

4. Bell

Bell

G'day Mike and Texan Fly Shooters,
    Find attached a combined top 20 (your top 10 and our top 10) scores from your last match shot on the 21st Sept and our last match shot in Canberra on the 28th..

Sorry mate but we gave you guys a little tickle up again!!

Your last match for the year will correspond exactly with our Queensland state tiltles shot in Brisbane on the 19th October...so... we'll go again with a score comparison and see how it unfolds.
    Regards,
    Belly (Australia)

Attached Files:

comagutsa likes this.
  5. Darrel Martin

Darrel Martin

Yipes , I don't call that a little tickle up , that in Texas , is an ass whooping.

6. johnnyi

are you guy shooting in 500m tunnels..?! ;) Haha... just kidding those are impressive results....

We barely scratch a shooter in your top 10 for last 2 matches!

comagutsa likes this.
  7. comagutsa

comagutsa

Hopefully in the next year or 2 I can make this happen but I want to come over and shoot in your Texas fly shoot from Australia (just need a few things to fall into place big time haha)
    Anyone know if there are any big show stoppers to bringing my gun and ammo into the US etc.. Might as well start doing some home work about it
    Cheers
    Pethy

blowemup likes this.
  8. JoeDuke

JoeDuke Silver $$ Contributor

I had looked at your match report on the fly forum and knew we were in deep trouble. Congratulations for a convincing win! You indeed handed us a serious whooping. We are still smarting but as they always say. Wait til next time.
    Joe

9. Field & Cave

Field & Cave Site $$ Sponsor

Don't bring a rifle. I'll let you borrow one. It'll be all tuned up. I promise.

comagutsa likes this.
  10. comagutsa

comagutsa

Hahaha as long as there is beers at end its all good haha

11. Field & Cave

Field & Cave Site $$ Sponsor

I composed that with deliberate sarcasm, but I really am serious. I'm sure we Texans could get you something competitive to shoot & save you the hassle of bringing everything. Just give us some notice and we'll arrange it. I'll take the lead.

comagutsa likes this.
  12. dcraig

dcraig

If you wish, you can visit the TSA FIREARMS AND AMMO web page.

comagutsa likes this.
  13. blowemup

blowemup

I think you Texans have us Aussies well & truly within reach ....
    For the short amount of time you lot have been shooting the FLY shoots your scores are already up there.
    I think Mike & his team will be sitting back with a smile knowing it will not be long till you round us up.

Cheers Ken.

comagutsa likes this.
  14. JoeDuke

Ken, most of the Texans shooting these matches are not novices as we shoot various mid to longer range matches and have for a number of years. Skills and knowledge do translate from discipline to discipline. But your fly shoot is a hoot and has it's own twists that have to be learned. Some things take longer than others to learn and some folks learn faster than the rest of us.
    One thing for sure is that it is hard to beat anybody at their own game.
    Thank you guys for sharing with us. And thanks to Mike Cockcroft for making it possible.
    Joe

comagutsa, blowemup and johnnyi like this.
  15. JoeDuke

By the way. For any of you Aussies that would like to come over and shoot with us, we Will round up equipment for you. Good equipment. Not cast off's.

comagutsa, blowemup and GRV like this.
  16. mikecockcroft

mikecockcroft

Looks like we may get cooler weather for the Oct. 19 fly shoot.
    We have been shooting in conditions that make the target look like its behind a bowl of cream of chicken soup while the no talent Australians have had perfect conditions. We will clean up in October!! LOL
    I believe we have come a long way in two years. Actually, its has taken the Australians 30 years to get where we are after two. Must be an issue with the southern hemisphere.

Remember its all in fun, don't take my posts to seriously.

comagutsa, JoeDuke and johnnyi like this.
  17. comagutsa

comagutsa

Thanks for the offers guys.. really looking inviting now . Lets see what happens over next year or so.. gotta love the shooting community

18. JoeDuke

Looks like we might catch some better conditions this coming Saturday. If we do, look out Aussies! Red headed step children, rented mules, and the blokes down under are in serious trouble!

Joe

blowemup likes this.
  19. mikecockcroft

mikecockcroft

Weather looking good for Saturday
    Praying for clouds, lots of clouds

20. johnnyi

spotlight shoot..? We can fix that mirage...haha!!

comagutsa likes this.