.441 bolt face brass?

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by txdan, Apr 16, 2013.

1. txdan

txdan Silver $$ Contributor

What is available in this head diameter other than the parent case of .220 Russian and 6.5 Grendel? Looking for a little more case capacity. I have aready pushed these out to as far as I dare. Thanks, Dan

2. jonbearman

jonbearman I live in new york state,how unfortunate ! Gold $$ Contributor

7.62x39mm

3. Laurie

Laurie

6.5X52mm Carcano - it was the starting point that the Soviet designers used for most of their experimental self-loading rifles including the WW2 effort that produced the 7.62X39mm M43 which is the parent of the 220 Russian, and later PPC and Grendel.

Not too far different is the 6.8mm Remington SPC (0.422" dia.) that would probably work OK in your bolt face. I think there are some wildcats based on the case that may be more attractive than the parent design depending on what you have in mind for the rifle.

For a precision orientated set-up, neither of the larger numbers is particularly attractive, and unfortunately basically that's your lot!

After that, it's change the bolt, have the bolt-face machined out to 0.473", or adopting the reverse approach, use 6mm BR or similar cases with the case-head behind trhe extractor groove machined down to suit the bolt.

4. txdan

txdan Silver $$ Contributor

Thanks for the replys. I think I will work more on reading the wind,bag set up,reading the wind,neck tension,reading the wind, bullet runout, and reading the wind.