SELLING 4-Sale Bat Grench

Discussion in 'Guns, Actions, Stocks, & Barrels' started by skeetlee, Aug 12, 2017.

Trader History (130)
  1. skeetlee

skeetlee Lee Gardner Precision Silver $$ Contributor

IMG_0434.JPG I am offering up my 6mm Grench. Old school Bat action, with a ppc bolt face. Tmbr stock, bartlein 12 twist. This rifle and action Have less than 100 rounds fired. The action is one of bats first action ever made ,and it is super smooth. The threads on this action are the same as today's actions so barrels are interchangeable This action has the screw in bolt shroud. The action was new old stock when I received it. Super slick. Incredible actually.
    The rifle also has a Jewel trigger that also has less than 100 rounds fired. No scope.

Some of you might know about the grench. The grench is a 6 mm Grendel with 40 degree shoulders. The grench has been winning in short range benchrest game here lately, and gives nothing up to the ppc. The grench coupled with 80gr bullets in this 12 twist shoot crazy accurate.
    I have the fl size die that will go with this rifle. I have a modified 6ppc seater that can go with as well. I will include some great 6mm 80gr FB bullets and some brass
    This rifle was built for heavy varmint. I have a little weight in the butt that can be removed with no issues. This 36 Leupold doesn't weigh much, thus the reason for the weight. this rifle will make weight with a nightforce BR scope.
    The barrel is 25" long and the action is a right bolt, left feed.
    I chambered this barrel, and Tom meridith did the glue in.

What little I have shot this rifle was enough to know this grench is the real deal.
    I used benchmark powder , with 80 gr eazor flat base bullets. Great combination.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something so please just ask
    I will need 2250$ or best offer.

Reason I'm selling is simple because I have no time to enjoy it. My shop is keeping me busy. Also I don't have a long range benchrest rifle so something has to go to fund one.
    I tried loading some other pics but my phone says the image is to large? I don't understand!!!
    Feel free to text me for other pics
    2172460787. Thanks lee
    i would trade towards an action and or a stock. St-1000

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    boltfluter and BOB LEE SWAGGER like this.
  2. foxguy

foxguy Silver $$ Contributor

Lee what reamer was used? Neck? and freebore?

JGS Grinch Reamers

.120 freebore 264 Neck
    .130 freebore 264 Neck
    .135 freebore 264 Neck
    .135 freebore 268 Neck

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  3. skeetlee

.120 freebore. 264nk

4. skeetlee

This freebore is perfect for the 80gr FB bullets i have been shooting

5. skeetlee

I can always turn this into a Ppc no problem. The grench is truly a neat round, and it's easy to tune. I'd say without hesitation that the grench is easier to make shoot than the Ppc. For a lower experienced shooter. Trade for an action or just make me an offer. Lee

6. skeetlee

7. skeetlee

Guaranteed shooter here fellas

8. skeetlee

make me an offer i cant refuse

9. Jefferson

Jefferson

change the name of the ad to grinch. How is that for an offer you cannot refuse

just bumping it to the top for you

Jeff