3x1000 AEDC Tullahoma TN

Discussion in 'Competition Forum (All Calibers)' started by kreiert, Feb 11, 2019.

1. kreiert

kreiert

Shooters

MidSouth Marksmen will be hosting a Club 3x1000 yard match this coming Sunday 17 Feb at the AEDC range complex. I have attached the current match program for those wishing to attend. As usual registration will be 07:30-08:30. Followed by squading assignments and range brief. Hope to be hot by 09:30. once again this will be a club match and weather dependent. (So far he forecast looks good) Stay tuned for updated info, which I will post here and also send an email via our distro list.
    Hope to see you there.......................Tim/John MSM

Attached Files:

2. kyreloader

kyreloader Gold $$ Contributor

I can never remember, is that Eastern or Central time?

3. Tempest

Tempest

Central.

4. kreiert

kreiert

MSM Shooters, final call for this match. Hope to see ya all sunday morning.........................Tim

5. FatBoy

FatBoy

Loaded up, ready to roll.

6. tclaunch

tclaunch Silver $$ Contributor

Hope y'all had decent weather and a good turnout.

7. FatBoy

FatBoy

Turn out was light due to the weather threat no doubt. Had 17 shooters stay and we shot three matches with almost no rain at all, just some short sprinkles. Done and gone by 2:30 central.

57°f, Overcast and light wind. Only "issue" we has was some light fog rising up and no wind to clear it so the target was a but milky at times.

I don't have scores. Nothing remarkable was shot today as far as I know but it was a nice way to start the season.

8. Tempest

Tempest

I should never trust TWC.

9. Damfino

Damfino Gold $$ Contributor

As far as I know, the electronic targets worked without a hitch. Very nice and efficient. thumbnail_IMG_3419.jpg

10. kreiert

kreiert

Wanted to thank the 17 shooters (18 showed up but one forgot his trigger) that came out and participated in our first match of the year at AEDC!! Seems the rain scared many off, but once again we got 3 matches in and nobody got wet. Some very light mist and challenging visibility for a few minutes was as bad as it got. All done by 14:30 ! High score of the day was Matt Kubic shooting (Palma) with a 594-21X, 2nd Place was Randy Graham (F-Open) with a 592-20X and 3rd was Chris Hayes (Any/Any) with a 589-20X.

Don't forget to mark your calendars as we have a 3 X 600 approved match at Henry County on March the 2nd and our first Approved 3 X 1000 at AEDC will be April 21st. Please monitor our web-site midsouthmarksmen.com for any updates and remember, the truly cold weather is over and we do not cancel matches due to a rain forecast, so plan on being there!

Thanks,
    Tim/John

11. M99

M99

Have you started to use Electronic Targets for F-Class?

12. kreiert

kreiert

We have just received the six additional targets we ordered earlier. So we will be running 10 electronic targets at AEDC this year.
    So its our intent to have everyone shoot on electronic targets for all our approved matches. Registered matches will continue to be shot on pull targets..............Tim/John Midsouth Marksmen

13. Tempest

Tempest

Awesome!

14. M99

M99

Great. Thanks Tim. I'm getting a bit long in the tooth, and those new and improved military targets were just too much for me all day.

15. FatBoy

FatBoy

Me too. Glad they put money into the range but damn those new targets carriers were a bad idea.

randy x and dannyjbiggs like this.
  16. M99

M99

I'm sure glad that they allow us to use their range at all, but whoever sold them that bill of goods on those new target carriers leaves a lot to be desired.

dannyjbiggs and FatBoy like this.
  17. randy x

randy x

No more target pulling for Randy @ Aedc.

18. M99

M99

Is there some App we should download on our Android or IOS device before coming out to those matches now so we can connect and see our shots, or are the viewing devices part of the target system?

19. FatBoy

FatBoy

It's just going into setting, WiFi and connecting connecting to the routers WiFi (usually silver mountain or SM. Go back to the main page. Then open a web browser (like google chrome, safari, etc.) Type in the main router IP address and wait for the target face to show up. At the bottom of the page there will be colored boxes with names. Click the name of the target you're on at the bottom and enjoy. Simple.

20. M99

M99

Thank You