.338-.378 Weatherby Magazine

Discussion in 'Big Stuff--7mm, 30 Cal, .338+' started by BKolic, Sep 5, 2019.

1. BKolic

BKolic

Hey guys,

My younger brother purchased a Weatherby Accu Mark .338-.378 2 years ago and loved it. My older brother just purchsed another range certified version he got a smoking deal on. Only thing unappealing is only 3 bullets due to the size of the bullets. Does anyone know if a magazine conversion is offered?

2. Kurz

Kurz

Do you mean cartridges? If that's the case then you can get a magazine system made especially for the Weatherby -378 cartridges.

upload_2019-9-5_22-17-56.png

3. BKolic

BKolic

Do you have a link bud? I looked and couldn't find it on their site. Thanks.

4. Ares

Ares

If that is a Mark v Accumark, CDI precision makes em for LA's using either 300 wm or 338 Lapua AICS magazines.

http://www.cdiprecisiongunworksstore.com/weatherby-mkv-long-action-standard/

Else there would be some write up on Longrangehunting, and weatherbynation forums that can lead you to a few other options.
    I got no experience with the 378 weatherby case and how it would feed in those mags.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2019
    Zero333 likes this.
  5. Kurz

Kurz

Zero333 likes this.
  6. Lee in Texas

Lee in Texas

Part of me wants to ask about a drop magazine for 378 WBY in a 1917 Enfield. The rest of me doesn’t want that much abuse in a short time.

7. BKolic

BKolic

They are both Mark V Accumarks. The CDI link is still active. Did someone else resume the business?

8. Kurz

Kurz

No, his wife hasn't paid attention to the site. She's supposedly returning work that has been accepted but not implemented. Another gunsmith is helping out with clearing up the backlog in house. My guess is that she is overwhelmed with his passing but still trying to do the right thing for his customers. This has got to be insanely tough on her...:(

9. BKolic

BKolic

Yes, that is sad. My father recently passed and it is still seems unreal. I feel for her.

10. wboggs

wboggs Gold $$ Contributor

What do you intend to use you rifle for?

11. BKolic

BKolic

My brothers and I hunt big game in the fall. Sometimes it is beneficial to have more than 3 rounds available.

12. Kurz

Kurz

I guess it depends on how you hunt. In this situation using the above DBM system, simply carry another magazine, drop the empty one and insert the new one.

13. BKolic

BKolic

We have a 300 Weatherby with detachable mags and that is exactly what we do.

14. DaveTooley

DaveTooley Silver $$ Contributor

I think you'll find the AI CIP mags on the short side for 33-378 round. Max COAL 3.760" and the recoil ribs would need to be milled out of the sides.