2k yd elr match

Discussion in 'ELR, Ballistics & Bullets Board' started by Alex Wheeler, Dec 22, 2017.

1. retired

retired

but it went from a group/score match to a prone match that will allow bench guns.
    no desire to be results fodder.

2. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

Dang! Well that ruins everything...If 'retired' isn't gonna be there with his winning attitude, then that's it, I'm out too. :D

Evlshnngns likes this.
  3. Alex Wheeler

Alex Wheeler Gold $$ Contributor

Its still a group score/match on paper

unlimited is run what ya brung- no rules, can be shot from a bench or prone

Limited is for your ELR rifle- same rules as other ELR matches, 40 lb max, shot from bi-pod prone,

The plan has not changed at all. It was always meant as a match that guys who built elr rifles for other matches could shoot in. Read that last sentence of the first post. We did add a class with no rules at all to see whats possible, and cover the run what ya brung rifles. Actually its almost exactly like that first post stated.

I think you will see most guys with their lighter bipod rifles enter both classes, thats what I plan to do with my 16lb ish 300 norma if I can get it done in time.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Ledd Slinger and LA50SHOOTER like this.
  4. ttfreestyle

ttfreestyle Gold $$ Contributor

Everything needs structure, I appreciate the time and effort going into this match. Rules,,, Im going to have a good time, shoot with some of the best and see the beautiful country. I’ll shoot whichever class they put me in and have fun. I can’t wait!

Ledd Slinger likes this.
  5. Alex Wheeler

There will be a manufacturer making pic rail adapters in 50 moa increments. So if your scope wont reach 2000 yards all you will need is a 50 moa adapter. It will be lot cheaper than those adjustable mounts and more solid. I'll post a link here when they become available

Hoodoo and LA50SHOOTER like this.
  6. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

MOA riser rails, what an awesome idea!

Tom

dkhunt14 likes this.
  7. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER

Another option for shooters to consider are the 90 MOA rings by Warne. - They are available in 30 & 34mm and in 3 different heights.
    price is approx. $349.95 for a set. - I've not tried them but am considering getting a set to try.
    I've also got one of the old Ivey 150 moa riser rails (discontinued as far as I know) with the micrometer elevation adjustment that works well.

-Ron-

8. Alex Wheeler

Talked with Tom. Looks like we will add a Hunter class. 18lb with foldable bipod. He will post when he gets time to update the rules. Now I expect to see those guys who wanted it to show up and shoot it. I was hesitant because I honestly dont expect to see anybody in that class. Prove me wrong.

Evlshnngns, damoncali and LA50SHOOTER like this.
  9. Alex Wheeler

It was an OK idea at best :p

LA50SHOOTER likes this.
  10. retired

retired

prone has TWO classes, bench has ONE....pretty clear to me it is a prone match.

look at your rules .
    if some one else holds a match, there is no REQUIREMENT for benches.
    PRONE MATCH.

11. Alex Wheeler

You were wanting it to be a BR match? ELR has always been prone. We are the only elr match to even have a Bench option so far as I know. If the range that holds this match doesnt have Benches you just bring your own. Not too many 2000 yard ranges with permanent benches. Your right its more of a prone match.

12. dedogs

dedogs Gold $$ Contributor

You just go ahead and keep finding reasons to NOT compete. I plan to show up and have a good time learning what can be done and enjoying the company. I will be bringing a portable bench which you are welcome to use if you want. dedogs

13. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER

Seems to me No Matter what is Done you won't be pleased & that's No Ones fault but Your Own !!

Hoodoo likes this.
  14. Alex Wheeler

For those of you that know you are coming send me a PM or give me a call to rsvp. Not holding anybody to anything I just want to get an idea of numbers so we can structure the match.

15. Alex Wheeler

And so there is no confusion there are permanent benches at this site.

LA50SHOOTER likes this.
  16. LA50SHOOTER

LA50SHOOTER

I'll shoot "Hunter Class" - I have a 15 Lb. 338 Lapua Imp. & a 300 WSM that I think either can get on paper @ 2K - Both have Bi-Pod Mounts.

17. tom

tom Gold $$ Contributor

Elite 2000 yard Association

Rules (draft 2-8-2018)

Classes

1- ELR

1a Rifle weight not to exceed 40lbs including all attachments and "as fired"

1b Rifle must be supported by an attached bipod in the front. The rear may be supported by anything except a mechanical rest. Attached monopods are legal.

1c Rifle to be fired from prone position.
    * If physically unable to get into a prone position the shooter may use a bench (if available) at the match directors discretion.

2- UNLIMITED

2a- Unlimited, with the only exceptions listed under "Both classes"

2b- Rifles may be fired from benches (if available), or from prone position.

HUNTER GUN

18 LBS as fired, foldable bipod only. Fired from prone. *disabled may shoot off bench at match director approval.

Rules for ALL classes.

Set up time.

1. Once your relay is called to the firing line, you will have 15 minutes for set up.

Wind flags:
    1. Are allowed, but must be set no higher then at the "line of sight"
    2. Are subject to the Match Directors discretion and approval

Miscellaneous:

1.No instrument that collects or records data allowed forward of the firing line.
    All instrumentation subject to the range officers discretion and approval.

Rifle scopes / sights:
    1. Must be adjusted by the shooter for POA corrections. (No "smart scopes".

Course of fire.

Sighter period will be unlimited shots. You will be given 5 minutes at the command "commence fire". The range officer will announce time warnings at 2 minutes, 1 minute, 30 seconds, and 15 seconds remaining. The R.O. will command "cease fire", and bolts must be removed at this time. This is a COLD RANGE period for the target crew to go in and raise targets, or paste accidental hits. Once the targets are up, and pit sealed the R.O. will announce the 3 minute final sight in period. R.O. will command "commence fire", and shooters have unlimited sighters at the sight in bank. Any shots on record targets at this time will result in disqualification from the relay. R.O. shall give time warnings at 2 minutes, 1 minute, 30 seconds, and 15 seconds and "cease fire". The R.O. will then immediately give the command "commence fire on record targets". Shooters will have 10 minutes to complete their 5 shots for record. Time warnings will be announced at 3 minutes, 2 minutes, 1 minute, 30 seconds and 15 seconds.

The targets dimensions are as follows: (MR-1)

72" x 64"
    X=6"
    10=12"
    9=18"
    8=24"
    7=36"
    6=48"
    5=60"
    0=on paper outside rings, but will qualify for group

Scoring/awards

Each official match will consist of a 3 target aggregate for each class for both group and score.

Ties for score will be broken by smallest group. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by x count. If there is still a tie, it will be broken by closest to center.

Group ties will be broken by highest score.

Targets with fewer than 5 shots:
    1. 72" will be added to the group size for each missing shot
    2. Missing shots will count "0" for score.

Group's outside the repair centers will be measured, scored, and pasted over for reuse. Group's that stay within the repair centers will be taken down, and given to the competitor after it's been officially scored.

Winners will be announced for the following...

3 GUN overall

HUNTER gun overall

Unlimited gun overall

ELR gun overall

HUNTER gun group

HUNTER gun score

Unlimited gun group

Unlimited gun score

ELR gun group

ELR gun score

WORLD RECORDS will be acknowledged for the following.

Unlimited gun

- Small group
    - High score
    - 3 target aggregate group
    - 3 target aggregate score

ELR gun

- Small group
    - High score
    - 3 target aggregate group
    - 3 target aggregate score

HUNTER GUN

-small group
    -high score
    -3 target aggregate group
    -3 target aggregate score

3 GUN

-9 target aggregate group
    -9 target aggregate score

18. Ledd Slinger

Ledd Slinger Gold $$ Contributor

I like the hunter class idea. That would be a fun class to shoot in.

I have a 10.3 lb hunting rifle that will stay supersonic at 2K (338-375R, calculated 1237 fps @ 2K, 4000 feet, with current load).
    Have another fast 6.5 that might make it through the transonic speed change at 2K (speed calculated at 2K, 4000 feet, is 1064 fps).

Never shot either one past 1K tho. Just have to test them.

19. retired

retired

ok,
    hunter class, from a bench
    i can't do prone any more

20. retired

retired

you guys have me all wrong. i was looking forward to spending aug in montana.
    shoot the nationals at deep creek( i have shot the northwest championship before),
    maybe get in some fishing, and then this match, but a single class for bench was
    a turn off. look at it. we now have three classes for prone and a single bench class,
    just not interesting to a bench shooter.
    my gun does weigh under 18..so with my bad back, bench the hunter class.