264wm reamer

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Willie, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Willie

Willie Silver $$ Contributor

Does anyone have a 264wm reamer print to share? Looking primarily for specs on a match style print, that works nice for Norma brass and Redding body die, without excessive resizing. I have brass and dies on the way, and want to fool around with some dummies with the 150 smk, prior to ordering a reamer. Thanks, Willie

2. KMart

KMart Gold $$ Contributor

Willie, I would call JGS and ask them for prints. Tell them what you are trying to do and they will send you out several different prints, if they have them. Some time back, I basically did the same thing with a 6.5x55. They sent me 3 or 4 different prints including some AI versions for comparison. I then made changes to one of the prints, called them back, we discussed the changes and had a reamer ordered in no time flat.
    They have always sent me the reamer prints within a couple of hours of the request.

Willie likes this.
  3. Willie

Willie Silver $$ Contributor

Thank you, KMart. I did talk to Sarah last week and she told me to send my die, along with with the dummy rounds and they would call me to verify any changes I wanted to make.

I did sit down with my smith today and we went went over the options for diameters and freebore for the 150 SMK. After a lot of measuring, he came up with .2173" needed FB, so looking @ going with .220, just in case Berger ever makes a 156 gr bullet.

Sending it out to JGS in a couple days for their scrutiny, after I measure more more cases, to see what turn to use to clean up the Norma brass. If bullets.com hadn't had such a firesale on brass last year, I wouldn't be building this, but I've always kinda wanted one.

4. KMart

KMart Gold $$ Contributor

Sounds like you have everything under control, Willie. I've always had good service and communications with JGS. Looks like you will too.
    Ken

Willie likes this.