243 Savage Striker

Discussion in 'Varminter & Hunting Forum' started by Dave T, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Dave T

Dave T Site $$ Contributor

Does anyone own one of the Savage Striker's. I have one in 243, it has the muzzle brake and it shot fairly well. What would a person expect to get out of this gun if he were to try to sell it.
    Thanks,
    Dave T

2. twoodard

twoodard

must be stainless if it has the brake. if it is in really good shape your can get 5-600. how many rounds down it?

3. 2506

The thing about the striker is people want them just for the action. You can screw any caliber barrel you want on to it. Put a good Rife Basix trigger on it and they really shoot.

4. Dave T

Dave T Site $$ Contributor

Yes it is stainless and I'd say it may have 100 rounds shot through it and 2506 just as you said, I have considered building a gun around the action. Why did Savage stop making these, just didn't catch on?
    Dave T

5. twoodard

twoodard

ive got two now. one is a rear grip 6BRX and the other is center grip with a .50 ML-II barrel on it. if you looking to move it down the road let me know. they are great for bolt pistol builds

6. 2506

I don't think the Striker was a real good seller for Savage when they brought it out. Their triggers were awful. If they would start making it again and put their accutrigger on it and make it a rear grip with a good stock it would probably do pretty good now. The handgun hunting long range shooting is growing more these days. Plus there are a lot of after market stuff for Savage now.

7. Catfish

Catfish

I bought a Striker in 243 and it shot fairly good, but after I bedded the action it now shoots real good.