22LR Headspace

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by shoot4fun, May 13, 2019.

1. Tim s

Tim s

Over the last few weeks the latest ELEY shipments have yielded something on the order of 12-15 2500’s in ARA and 2 250-25x’s in IR 50/50. I’ll take that mfr. game every time. A Vudoo is far from a match grade barometer so your milage may vary.

2. shoot4fun

shoot4fun Gold $$ Contributor

I know, because I built them up for other things, that neither or my rifles are BR grade accurate. But I still want to get the most out of them for the game I'm shooting. I need the very fewest of unexplainable fliers from them for the best chances on targets out to 200 yards.

3. lloydx2

lloydx2

So your saying that .0007 diff in bullet diameter is not a big deal

Last edited: May 15, 2019
  4. Hi-NV Shooter

Hi-NV Shooter

Is this just something you think, or actually know for fact that being 0.004 bigger in headspace will shoot better. Standard for match quality barrels is 0.043

5. Hi-NV Shooter

Hi-NV Shooter

I been using this gauge for about 2-years and have seen where difference in OAL of 0.001-0.003 over my established base length will not make a difference , however 0.005+ I start to see a difference in a higher POI over base length sorted rounds and with a tendency to not group as tight, and will occasionally have a flier. now I am using a chamber specifically for Lapua with a 0.030 engraving from the ogive, so it may not matter for some other setup. but for mines it does help to sort this way.

Lee

6. Tim s

Tim s

Well, don’t get me wrong, they are beautifully done rigs for what they are, don’t mean to disparage them.

7. Tim s

Tim s

Nope, more likely you got your numbers wrong because that kind of disparity yields an entirely different caliber, friend.

8. lloydx2

lloydx2

Let me make a correction .0007 is not a big deal ? That is the # I had in the original post. Of coarse you already know that friend

9. Someoldguy

Someoldguy Guest

Nice try, friend. Your original post is quoted. And even shows where you edited it at 6:59 AM.

10. Tim s

Tim s

OK so now we’re at a few tenths variance and a few driver error......perfectly acceptable.

11. lloydx2

lloydx2

Yes, I apologize. I need to read what I am posting