22LR ammo

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by Ksmirk, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Ksmirk

Ksmirk

Fella's I've been digging around since it's been awhile I was looking for a place I could order 50ct. boxes of different ammo. I can find bricks or cases but I'd really hate to have a mess of ammo around that my rifle hates not to mention getting into ye ole bank account :) can you folks point me in a direction? places here in town are sorta lacking on selection unless you want bulk hope I can hit something fodder. I appreciate any direction you can offer.

Kirk

2. daleboy

daleboy Silver $$ Contributor

3. VLNBYR

VLNBYR

Bert's Garage has Eley, SK, some RWS. Clint Swigert has Eley and Lapua. Good Shooting has Eley, Lapua,

4. Ksmirk

Ksmirk

Thanks fella's! normally my shooting deals with reloading centerfire but some days I'd rather not haul out all the LR gear, but don't want to just sling ammo downrange lol. Had good luck with finding Wolf, Aguila, and a couple of different Eley but would like to give some others a go. I'll dig around on ammoseek, don't laugh but I'd never heard of the place. Again thanks.

Kirk

5. rkittine

rkittine Gold $$ Contributor

+1 for Clint. He will send you an inventory list including the quantity he has on hand and by lot number. I have ordered some quantities of multiple lots (where there is a lot of current back up inventory) test fired the ammo and then order larger quantities of the one that my rifle liked the best.

Bob

TimS likes this.
  6. Oklahoma Jim

Oklahoma Jim

BenPerfected and Mikey_P like this.
  7. JMayo

JMayo

At killoughs you can go down the list ordering one box of any and everything.
    One of the eley boxes takes you to the ware house (says warehouse) where there is more Eley to search through.
    Use the Eley comparison guide too see how their barrels shot each lot by entering the #s. It's kinda a pita to enter the#s but kinda interesting also.

BenPerfected and Mikey_P like this.
  8. mr.big

mr.big

Championschoiceinc.com

9. mr.big

mr.big

They have a new site

Champchoice.com

SDBigDog and Ksmirk like this.
  10. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

Do either of these gentleman have a website?

11. Ksmirk

Ksmirk

I didn't find a site for Bert's but the word on the street is to give him a call and he will email you a list of ammo. swigertc@bellsouth.net is the email I dug up for Clint, same thing shoot him an email.

Fella's I sure appreciate the direction! thanks a mess.

Kirk

daleboy likes this.
  12. mr.big

mr.big

the guys at Champions Choice are really good and will sell you any kind of good ammo you need 1 box at a time,,

Redneck01 and Boyd L. like this.
  13. SSL

SSL Gold $$ Contributor

Natchez Shooters Supply.

14. Shynloco

Shynloco You can lead a horse to water, but ........ Gold $$ Contributor

Also Champion Shooters Supply. Don't think its the same as Champion Choice.

Alex

15. Hubie Stoffel

Hubie Stoffel

Grafs&Sons

16. SDBigDog

SDBigDog

redrockranger likes this.
  17. PatMiles

PatMiles Gold $$ Contributor

Just received 3 bricks of Lapua Center X, the cost of the BB's and shipping was a tad less than anybody else I found above on just the cost alone.

18. Rem72043722

Rem72043722

Try the ammunitionstore.com. One box or one case, whatever you want. They have decent shipping cost, too. Try TargetsportsUSA.com. also. Both are decent to deal with.

19. Ksmirk

Ksmirk

Yea I ordered some Aguila that my rifle seemed to like from Targetsports last Saturday and called them yesterday as I'd not gotten an email about shipping, I was told they were behind and it would ship Thursday.... I canceled the order being I was going to do some more testing this weekend I hope! I found some Eley in town and pretty sure my guy by my folks has a mess of SK so I guess we will see what I can find :) thanks for the options I will for sure be checking them out.

Kirk