222 Rem Starline brass

Discussion in 'Small Stuff--22s, 20s, and 17s' started by fkimble@charter.net, Sep 19, 2019.

1. fkimble@charter.net

fkimble@charter.net

Any one have any expierence with the recently released Starline brass in 222 Rem.? How about 223 Starline brass, it should be about the same?

Frank

2. swadiver

swadiver Silver $$ Contributor

i have been using the Starline .222 brass for awhile now. shoots as good the Lapua in my rifle, primer holes are centered and free of debris. on new brass, primer pockets feel a bit looser when seating Federal 205m primers compared to Lapua. i uniformed the primer pockets, but each piece was pretty consistent as to how much brass was removed. time will tell how long they hold up. $31 to $35 per hundred, makes it a good deal in my book.

painter likes this.
  3. GrocMax

GrocMax

Starline 223 is thicker in the shoulder and neck than most, may need a new bushing.

4. karrarararararar

karrarararararar

I've been pretty happy with the Starline 223 I bought last summer. Don't know how many firings they have, but it's a bunch. Haven't had to trim any and starting to trash some due to loose pockets. Probably will buy some of their 5.56 brass.