.22 lr scope....

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by Rsadams, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Rsadams

Rsadams

Looking for a decent scope for a factory 10/22 , not a bench rest gun , not a really a hunting rifle , just a nice toy to maybe hunt with but more than likely shoot paper or pest control for fun... Trying not to break the bank , maybe something 3x9.. Will never shoot over 100 yards mainly around 50 yards... Was thinking about the nikon p-rimfire 2 , Cabela's has them for like $90 on sale , I live 25 minutes away... I have the $175 version and have been happy with it on a bolt .22....

Just looking for some opinions and trying to stay out of the dog house..lol
    Thanks in advance..

hogpatrol likes this.
  2. Mark McMahon

Mark McMahon Silver $$ Contributor

Take a look at the weaver rimfire scopes,

Rsadams likes this.
  3. 426nut

426nut

I have been really pleased with the nikons as well. E.

Rsadams likes this.
  4. daleboy

daleboy Silver $$ Contributor

I tried the P-Rimfire 2 x 7 ...I have many Nikons,it was my least favorite . It was nice and clear but the view seemed "small" and not so bright.... maybe 32mm is too small for my old eyes ? Also,the elevation turret did not track all that well . That's just one opinion,for 90 bucks it may be worth a try . You may love it .

I replaced it with a Bushnell Rimfire 3.5 x 10 and like it much better . AO is a big plus for me over a fixed objective also.

Rsadams likes this.
  5. TheOtherZilla

TheOtherZilla

I have used more than a few "rimfire" scopes. All are lacking. I even own a Leupold "Rimfire" in 2-7 power. It was also lacking. A full 1" scope is soo much better..

Lone Hunter and hoz53 like this.
  6. mongo chicago

mongo chicago

I like the Vortex Crossfire 2. It is a 2-7v32 with one inch rings. You can get them very reasonably and they are excellent quality. Just got back from prairie dogging where I got one at 193 yards with it on my 22 magnum Anschutz. Check Amazon and a few other places.

Rsadams likes this.
  7. Rsadams

Rsadams

Thanks everyone... That's my problem also eyes suck for iron sights anymore...

There's so many choices , Leupold , Weaver , Vortex etc... It's hard anymore to pick one out with all the plus and minus factors.
    There all so close in this small price range I guess I need to just go look through some different options and try and pick one out...

8. Rsadams

Rsadams

I have a crossfire 2 , 6x18 AO with the duplex reticle on a .308 and altho it's not expensive , it has been a wonderful scope.. zero problems actually seems to hold zero and since I don't shoot over 300 it has been worth every penny... I bought it to try a vortex without diving in head first on an expensive one and thought if I like it I can always buy a nicer one.. but so far there really hasn't been a need to...

9. perry42

perry42 Silver $$ Contributor

Try to find a Weaver "T" series scope in 12x power. Bright, clear optics, distinct repeatable adjustments. Nikon & Burris both make 3 to 9 and 4 to 16 power scopes with great optics for a reasonable price.

perry42

snert and Rsadams like this.
  10. Fotheringill

Fotheringill

There is no sacrilege in using a centerfire scope on a rimfire. Just use a slightly higher set or rings. I assure you the rifle will not know the difference.

Rsadams likes this.
  11. hogpatrol

hogpatrol Gold $$ Contributor

Rsadams likes this.
  12. rwh

rwh Gold $$ Contributor

I have a leupold EFR 6.5-20 on my annie. Works for me.

Boyd L. and Rsadams like this.
  13. drover

drover

I have the 3X9 Nikon Rimfire scope on my CZ 452 and it works just fine, tracks well when adjusted and has decent optics. The only complaint I have about it is the BDC reticles the circles clutter the vision IMO, but they do work for hold-over. For your intended use the Nikon rimfire scope should work just fine.

drover

Rsadams likes this.
  14. Fotheringill

Fotheringill

As to the CZ 452's and 455's.

They have a notoriously high bolt throw. You need to make sure the bolt will clear the ocular bell when ejecting a fired case.

If link permitted here, go to rimfirecentral.com and examine charts for right combo of ocular bell rings and also clearance of objective bells.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336921

daleboy, Rsadams and hogpatrol like this.
  15. Rsadams

Rsadams

I looked through one today , and you are correct about the clutter, it's the only thing I didn't like about the scope... I wish they would just make a regular or fine duplex , it has return to zero dials, I just use the adjustment , I find I like that better.. My other Nikon p-rimfire has them and they do work though...

16. USMCDOC

USMCDOC

i just picked up a used Vortex Diamondback Tactical and it arrived in the mail today.. will be trying it out tomorrow.. so far, i like the way it looks when peering though it..

Rsadams likes this.
  17. Tommie

Tommie Gold $$ Contributor

Another vote for Weaver. The 3-9X rimfire scope has AO. The scope is perfectly sized for a field-use rimfire rifle. Good old fashioned duplex reticle too.

Rsadams likes this.
  18. orbitup

orbitup Silver $$ Contributor

I have a red dot on mine. Makes for a handy little plinker.

Rsadams likes this.
  19. Boyd L.

Boyd L.

To meet your criterion I use the following variables that I believe fit your needs:

2- Leupold EFR 6.5-20X on two of my silhouette rifles. Not cheap but nice quality at a reasonable investment.

A 6-18 Leupold with added target knobs. Cheaper than the 6.5-20 EFRs. I bought this one out of the classifieds and got an even better deal.

2- V-24 Weavers. These have always maintained zero when I leave the power ring alone. I’ve not been able to keep absolute zero when changing power with these but for $240 it performs well enough.

If fixed power is your thing and cost is an issue look for the Leupold M8 series in 6, 8, 10, or 12X. My experience with 3-4 has been that they’re ironclad in their ability to hold zero. I even sent a 10X to Bill Ackerman in Santa Teresita NM for a boost and new reticle. I’ve paid anywhere from $150-$225 for these in the past 4-5 years.

If you’re going in the dog house over a scope, remodel it while you’re in there and enjoy yourself.

Rsadams, Kevin Taylor and USMCDOC like this.
  20. USMCDOC

USMCDOC

KneeSlapper.gif~c200.gif

Rsadams likes this.