.22 benchrest matches, Somerset ky

Discussion in 'Rimfire & Smallbore' started by scott1119, Sep 7, 2017.

1. scott1119

scott1119

https://www.facebook.com/events/1964529627161497/?acontext=%7B%22action_history%22%3A%22null%22%7D

Hey guys, we put on a great match every 4th Saturday at Buck Creek Range in Somerset Ky. We are new but hope to grow much bigger. As of now we shoot 4 classes Heavy bolt, Light bolt, unlimited and semi auto. We shoot IBS 50 targets at 50 yards. Buck Creek is a pro range and a awesome place to shoot. Please come out and shoot with us, we have both local and statewide shooter, great people and a real good time. you can contact me atscott1119@ windstream.net, or call Hawk Creek Armory for any info. Please come out. our next match is Sept 23 at 9am

and feel free to join our group on facebook Kentucky 22 shooters club

2. USMCDOC

USMCDOC

Looking forward to meeting you all at the beginning of the new season.. do you have the complete schedule yet?

3. Boyd L.

Boyd L.

Good morning Doc. After seeing your post I contacted Scott via email. I can’t speak to the complete schedule, but he did say the first match this Spring is March 24, beginning at 9:00 a.m.

I believe Scott will be along soon to provide more info.

USMCDOC likes this.
  4. USMCDOC

USMCDOC

Boyd,

We just have been txting about it.. i plan on going to the first one.. will you be there?

5. scott1119

scott1119

Yes, out first match will be March 24th at 9am. We hope to see a bunch of you guys there. Hawk Creed Armory does not run our matches anymore, Our Match director is Joseph Finley. We have a great bunch of guys and gals, We hope to meet you folks and make more friends. you can ask me about any info you might need. also heres the link to our facebook page, Kentucky precision rimfire, feel free to join us.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1860521480877340/

6. Boyd L.

Boyd L.

I tried (and failed) all last year to get my schedule worked out. Hopefully I can make some this year.
    I may be able to find something to shoot in the sporter class.

USMCDOC likes this.
  7. scott1119

scott1119

I will get a schedule posted asap, We soot the 4th Saterday of the month, and we plan to run some night shoots also.

USMCDOC likes this.
  8. mrh1958

mrh1958

What rifles are generally used in the light bolt class ? No factory class ?

9. scott1119

scott1119

We have a beginner class just starting this year, about all the light bolt guys shoot cz's

10. Boyd L.

Boyd L.

Could you post class information too? I don’t BookSpace...or Spaceface....or....

11. scott1119

scott1119

Here's a rundown of the rules and classes... like I said I may forget some.

Classes

[Beginner]- for new shooters to benchrest that want to try it out with whatever equipment they may have. Only fee they will have to pay is the $5 range fee. Their targets will not be scored unless they want them to be and they will not be competing against anybody or for any payout. They will be allowed to shoot this class as long as they feel they need to. (No equipment restrictions)

[Semi auto] - Semi auto rifles with the only restrictions being no barrel tuner, or one piece rest. Entry fee is $10.

[Light bolt] - Bolt action rifles weighing 8lbs 7oz or less. No barrel tuners or one piece rest. We WILL weigh every rifle competing in light bolt. Entry fee $10.

[Heavy bolt] - Bolt action rifles weighing 8lbs 8oz or more. No barrel tuners or one piece rest. Entry fee $10.

[Unlimited] - Any bolt or semi auto rifle with any equipment. No restrictions. Barrel tuners and one piece rests are allowed. Entry fee $10.

We can accommodate 12 shooters at a time at the range and anything over that will be run on different relays. All classes will shoot together and relays will be determined by first come first serve. Once the first 12 people pay and register, then the next people will be on the second relay. Etc... Benches are chosen by drawing numbers so there is no picking benches. Every person shooting has to pay a $5 range fee plus the fee for their class. If you plan on shooting more than one class, you only have to pay the range fee once.

Jackie Stogsdill has a very nice range and we plan on keeping it that way. All trash needs to be thrown in the garbage and there is no smoking under the shed where we shoot. No leaning on benches. The range is an OPEN BOLT range. Which means any rifle out of a case must have the bolt removed and mag out of it and if it's a semi auto, the bolt must be locked back with the mag removed. Please bring chamber flags, if you don't have one I will have some that you can BUY. No tube fed guns are allowed. Before we begin there will be a safety brief from the RSO then we will get underway. You will have a 5 minute period to load magazines and get settled in. Once everyone is ready you will be given the order to insert your magazines and bolts. Once the order to commence fire is given you will have 20 minutes to complete your scoring target. After every one is done or the 20 minutes is up, you will have to clear your rifle and step away from the bench as people go down range to hang another target. Then do everything over again. Once you have shot both of your targets you need to pick your stuff up off the bench and let the other people for the following relays start setting up.

[Scoring] the picture is of the targets that we shoot at the matches. Each person will shoot 2 targets. Only your best target counts for the match, BUT both targets will be added together and go toward your season point total. There are 4 sighters at the top of the target. You can shoot those as many times as you like and also at any point during the 20 minutes time limit. There are 25 scoring targets below the sighters. Each of those must be shot only once. If you shoot a target twice, then it's a zero. If you leave any blank then it's a zero. The score amount is written on the rings so you can see the what each ring is worth. The dot in the middle is the "X". There is a max score possible of 250, and a max X count of 25. If you score the same as somebody else then the X count determines the better score. We score by "best edge" meaning if any part of the hole touches the line, you get credit for it. A scoring reticle will be used to see close calls. 3 volunteer referees will be chosen at the beginning of the match and after your target is scored and hung up on the board for you to see, You will then have 10 minutes to protest any score on your target that you think is scored wrong. At that time the refs will make the final call on what the score is. That is the END of discussion after they make their call.

If you have any questions ask away in the comments. Just remember we do this to have fun, and we always do. We pick and poke at each other in good humor. Don't take anything to heart. ANY bad behavior, unsafe actions, drinking, or physical alterations will immediately get you asked to leave. You will only be asked once. If you don't leave voluntarily, you WILL be made to leave. And please watch your language in case children are present. I look forward to seeing you there!!

USMCDOC likes this.
  12. scott1119

scott1119

Here is out projected schedule for this year, Subject to change and night shoots added

March 24
    April 28
    May 26
    June 23
    July 28
    August 25
    September 22
    October 27
    November 24

Hope to see you all there

USMCDOC likes this.
  13. Mark4470

Mark4470 Silver $$ Contributor

Scott have you shot your new Anschutz yet?

14. scott1119

scott1119

Not enough, lol

15. Beruisis

Beruisis

what power scopes are most commonly used?
    Is a 36x too much to deal with?
    Thanks.

16. scott1119

scott1119

Most everyone uses 32 to 50, My self I use a sightron s3 10-50x60, works great