22-250 v/s 220 swift

Discussion in 'Small Stuff--22s, 20s, and 17s' started by Scalloper, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Barlow

Barlow

I know you will love it when done. Also, I have never had any problems getting brass, I use Winchester. Barlow

2. Coolhand

Coolhand

Barlow/ Outrider , heres a poser for you both , just for the purposes of argument , if you were both going to build a .220 from the ground up , which receiver would you choose ? Now I am at a stand as I cannot decide repeater or sng shot , I hear the arguments for both.
    I am leaning toward a sng shot , only because I can fiddle with the seating depth as opposed to seating to magazine length and besides which a fast follow up shot on giant mice is not usually forthcoming, price is not a factor only functionality.

regards
    Mike.

3. Barlow

Barlow

I am only familiar with Ruger 77's and Rem 700 classic's. I never had an issue with mag length with either one. I use mine for deer and varmint hunting so I prefer a repeater. I think any modern action of suitable length would work fine. If you like single shots, go for it, but I don't think you will gain much if anything in the accuracy dept. jmo Barlow