21st Century primer pocket uniformer

Discussion in 'Reloading Forum (All Calibers)' started by Elwood, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Elwood

Elwood

Any thoughts on the adjustable primer pocket uniformer?
    I have several of Johns products and know of their quality. I'm currently using a Sinclair uniform tool but I have wondered sometimes if I'm taking out more brass than necessary with it, not helped by the fact that I detest uniforming primer pockets.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  2. Dan S

Dan S J III:XVI Silver $$ Contributor

I know this does not answer your question. Km has a nice one. Well made and super sharp. And it comes preadjusted to the exact correct length

Elwood likes this.
  3. jepp2

jepp2 Gold $$ Contributor

I use the Sinclair tool also. I never worry about the amount of brass I am removing. When I measure the depth of the seated primers, they are just where I want them. If it is cutting a lot, a lot needed to be removed. And it is a once in the case life operation, kind of like swaging a crimped primer pocket. I would be concerned on an adjustable cutter, it could shift and then start cutting too much.

4. powderbrake

powderbrake Gold $$ Contributor

I have the 21st Century adjustable primer pocket reamer, and it works great! I use it in a lathe for large number of cases, or with a 1/4 hex drive for doing just a few by hand. Easy to set, and it hold the setting.

I do not use it to clean out primer pockets, for that I use the Hornady cleaner tool with the face full of small pyramids.

5. Petros284

Petros284

One great feature (besides the adjustability factor) with our 21st Century uniformer is that the cutter is ground on one end for large primer and the other for small primer. Thanks!

Pete Petros
    21st Century Shooting

Immike and Dusty Stevens like this.
  6. Bob Sebold

Bob Sebold Gold $$ Contributor

I would not shoot without it.

Petros284 likes this.